“Hotel and Receptionist were Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Aparthotel Maly Krakow
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Kurniki Street, Krakow 31-156, Poland (Kleparz)   |
Ranked #69 of 242 Hotels in Krakow
Memphis, Tennessee
“Hotel and Receptionist were Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just a stones throw from the train station and a few minutes from the center this is a great place to call home. Everything was very nice and the hotel staff was excellent!! However, the best part was how I found this hotel. I was on the edge of Krakow and got on a bus. I asked the driver if this bus went to the center. He did not understand my English. But, another person told me yes! When the bus was close to the center, the person who first spoke turned around and asked where I needed to go. We both got off at the next bus stop. I told her I needed to find a good but, less expensive place to spend the night. She told me she was receptionist and she worked at great hotel. Her big smile and helpfulness to a stranger on a bus and a customer in the hotel wants me to recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: stay on the backside. front side windows open to the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mikolaj K, Manager at Aparthotel Maly Krakow, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Patrick0113,

Thank you so much for such great review about our hotel.

Thank you as well for your opinion about our staff and receptionist.
I will certainly not miss to share your impressions with her; this will be a great source of motivation.

I've been at your check in, and I've seen how happy and satisfied you are, that you found our hotel.
This situations keep us improving our services and tells us that all this is worth what we are doing.

Hope we will see again soon at Maly Krakow Aparthotel.

Mikolaj Kutrzeba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for a very last minute, long weekend break. Considering how little we paid, we were nervous about what we could expect. We needn't have been. We were delighted by this fantastic little find. The location is great - close to a large modern shopping mall and only minutes from the main square. Despite this, the hotel was nice and quiet, with no street noise at all.

We were warmly greeted by the friendly and helpful staff, every time we passed reception. Our requests for additional clothes hangers and coffee sachets were dealt with promptly and politely. They securely stored our passports and other valuable items for us, and even called and arranged our return transfers, always with a smile.

The rooms were basic and small, but they were clean, warm and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and the water was always nice and hot, lovely after a day out in the cold. We didn't experience any of the issues regarding thin walls/noise that some other reviewers have commented on.

Overall, this value-for-money hotel satisfied our need for a clean, warm and comfortable place to sleep after long days of exploring this lovely and interesting city. I would, and have, highly recommended it to both friends and family and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RNO81,

Thank you very much for writing such superb comment about your recently stay in Aparthotel Maly Krakow.

It's good to see you enjoyed, and your stay in our hotel was a nice experience.

I'm happy about your opinion about the staff, the more I'm glad because I had an opportunity to meet you at the hotel. I've seen your smile and satisfaction, and that's the best award for us.

I hope we will see again soon in Maly Krakow ;)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a week with my daughter .
It's very comfortable so you can feel as if you were in your home.
Hotel is in a good location for sightseeing,
shopping , taking trains and buses. Very close from central of city but quiet!
You can cook in the room. Though eating out is fun, it is readily good that cooking with your friends or families in the room.
All staffs! Thank you for being nice to us!

• Stayed March 2013
Mikolaj K, Manager at Aparthotel Maly Krakow, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Tysiac,

Thank you very much for spending time writing a response about your recently stay in Aparthotel Maly Krakow.

Your satisfaction is our aim and we are very gald to see you enjoyed with us.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel was in a great location, so close to everything important (train, the main square, and a shopping center!). The staff were also very helpful (no matter what hour or what question!). It was a great stay....only downside was our room was bit awkward for 2 people....where the beds were, one was pushed against the wall, while the other had to be pushed against it, leaving a small gap near the window to get out. I had to climb over the bed to get out and my friend had to fight with the radiator which was against the window wall.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify with the hotel about the room size, and movability around the room if there is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mikolaj K, Manager at Aparthotel Maly Krakow, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear K_N204,

We would like to thank you for your recently stay with us and your nice review about Maly Krakow in Tripadvisor.

As per your comments we can see you enjoyed your stay and we are very glad because of that. Guests´ comments are every day getting more important as they are the best way to know your feelings about us and what we can improve.

Thank you very much once again and looking forward to welcome you in your next visit to Krakow.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is extremely well located, with a very kind staff, all needed commodities, just 3 mins walking to the Market Square and just next to the central train station and shopping center. 24h reception. Its great to know I wont have to look any further when returning to Krakow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fernando S,

Thank you so much for choosing Maly Krakow for your recently trip to Krakow and for your good review about it in Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to see you really enjoyed, these kind of comments encourage us to keep improving our service and quality.

Obviously we will be more then happy if you repeat in Maly Krakow for your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

a great place to base yourself for a trip to Krakow. Conveniently located in spitting distance of the main railway station and just a five minute walk to the Planty and the main hub-hub of the town. I was welcomed by very friendly staff who made my stay a pleasant one, ensuring I was aware of optional extras and trips available, but without being pushy or sales focused. The rooms might be basic, but there's a kettle and a fridge, a desk and a TV - what more do you need? Highly recommended - and would definitely go back if i was to return to Krakow!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mikolaj K, Manager at Aparthotel Maly Krakow, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear LazarusHeart,

Thank you very much for your kind comment in Tripadvisor and your recently stay with us.
We appreciate you taking the time to give the feedback.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit in Maly Krakow, the more I'm glad because I had an opportunity to welcome you at reception desk.
This is the best award for us to hear that our guests felt with us comfortable.

Please feel invited for your future stay in Aparthotel Maly Krakow.
See you next time :)

Runcorn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here from the 1st until the 4th of Jan 2013 and loved our stay. We were warmly greeted by the staff and instantly helped us to book a trip to the salt mines. The staff were also helpful when helping us to pick restaurants and get taxis to and from the hotel, (they rang the for us).

The room itself was clean and big enough for two people, just. The only gripes I have about the room is that the bed was rock hard and I woke up with a stiff back every night. Also the showers were too small (saying that, I am rather a large man). Also I would be good to get more English channels on the tv.

The hotel had free WIFI which was great to talk to friends on social media, but not that good for streaming, but what do you expect.

All in all the hotel was good,clean and good value at €25.50 a night. The proximity to the Old Town and the Railways station are definitely it's best features.

p.s. There is plenty of places near by to get cheap food too, if you want to eat in your room, a Biedronka (ladybird) shop is just 50 yards down the road where you can get groceries really really cheap! And there is also a massive shopping mall over the road.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Prof-C-Bear,

We would like to thank you for your recently stay in Maly Krakow and your complete and helpful review. Your opinios are very important to us because they let us know what can we improve to make your experience more satisfacory.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Mikolaj Kutrzeba

Been to Aparthotel Maly Krakow? Share your experiences!