“What I expected...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 309 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
New York City, New York
“What I expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

I don't think that I can give a good review as this is my 1st. time in a hostel. But overall I was ok with the hostel and my hostel view/perception was better than I expected!

I made it a point to get a room with two beds as the idea of being in a room with 12 strangers did not appeal to me. Overall, it was ok... we barely spent any time at the hostel as we were out and about so we really just used it to sleep and to store our things. Our room was all white with white duvets and had two lockers to store bags etc. We were given keys to the room so we felt safe keeping our things there.

The folks who worked there were super nice and helped us with dinner suggestions etc.

The bathrooms were better than what I imagnied.. all private showers with locks on the doors so totally ok.

Kitchen was a tad dirty based on my liking but agian doable and ok.

The Hostel Bar was fine... just a tad too dark and fraternity for my liking. Downtown had lots of nice bars!

Location was overall downtown but some of the other hostels I had considered were in the heart of the OLD TOWN Square. Not the end of the world I guess.

Hope this helps.
RST

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — clenliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first

Been to Hostel Giraffe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hostel Giraffe

Address: Krowoderska 31, Krakow 31-153, Poland
Location: Poland > Southern Poland > Lesser Poland Province > Krakow
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette
Ranked #85 of 309 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Hotel Class:2 star — Hostel Giraffe 2*
Giraffe Hostel & Bar - best place to stay in Krakow. Our hostel is located in the city center - in walking distance from the Main Square, Wawel castle, Barbican and the main train/bus station.We offer you cheap and comfortable accommodation in dorms and private rooms. Our price includes:- all-you-can-eat breakfast- free use of computer, internet and WiFi- free welcoming shot in our bar- free use of pool table, Playstation, football table, TV and collection of DVD movies- free use of clean sheets and blankets- towels in private rooms- free safe and luggage room- free map- wide range of tour tickets available at the reception- free tourist info- and last but not least - extremely good atmosphere which our amazing staff will provide!We will make your stay in Krakow unforgettable! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hostel Giraffe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hostel Giraffe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.