“Should be higher on the list” 5 of 5 stars

Andel's Hotel Cracow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul. Pawia 3, Krakow 31154, Poland (Kleparz)   |
Ranked #18 of 242 Hotels in Krakow
USA/Polska
“Should be higher on the list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Thank you again for a wonderful stay at the Andels Hotel Krakow! I find this hotel to be the best located hotel in Krakow and simply a great property. My room was comfortable and clean. I requested a room across from the train station and they were able to accommodate this request.
The rooms are quiet and pleasant. I like the walk in shower. Anyone who has been to other hotels in Poland realize how convenient a walk in shower is as compared to taking your life into your hands and getting into a real deep and slippery tub then trying to shower! The staff is friendly and courteous. I booked through a 3rd party website and had no problem whatsoever.
Their breakfast is fantastic. Fresh and varied with an egg cook if you like. Personally, my Polish palate loves the scrambled eggs, which is so often complained about by others. You cannot go wrong with this hotel. It should truly be higher on the TA list! Thank you again for a wonderful stay. Dziekuje

Room Tip: All rooms are great and the sound insulation top notch.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Maria M, General Manager at Andel's Hotel Cracow, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am delighted with your positive review highlighting our professional yet attentive and friendly Team. We always do our utmost to ensure all our guests are welcomed and well taken care of!

Thank you for the fantastic comments and ratings.

Best regards,
Maria Makal-Mlynarska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The GREAT
1. The hotel is conveniently located outside the train station, beside Galleria Krakowska and tram station and within walking distance to the main square. This means that transportation, shopping, food choices and tourist destinations are always within reach which makes this hotel spot-on when it comes to location.

The GOOD
1. The room is not too big nor too small - I'd say just right - comfortable and not too cramped. It has a nice interior and art designs.

2. Breakfast - selection is adequate: bread, ham, sausauges, vegetables, waffles, yogourt and fruits.

The BAD
1. Housekeeping - I've found hair in the bed during my first day of check-in which scares me as it may mean housekeeping is not very thorough in their cleaning. Plus there were no coffee provided. I saw cream and sugar which means previous customer must have consumed the coffee and housekeeping did not check all amenities prior to turning over to new customer. I've ran into the housekeeping lady on my way out and told her about the coffee - but probably due to communication barrier (she doesn't speak English well nor I Polish) so there is still no coffee when I came back in the evening. Additionally, the shampoo was not replenished on my 2nd night so when I've bumped into the cleaning lady again on the 3rd day (the same person), I've repeated my request for coffee and shampoo. And because the problem still persists, the next day upon running into the cleaning lady - this time to be sure I have what I need - I personally took the shampoo and coffee from her cart (with her permission of course). And guess what - after drinking some of the coffee I've noticed that housekeeping is still not refilling the coffee in my room.

I've always stayed in Radisson Blu when in Krakow and I've thought of trying Andel's for a change as I often pass by this hotel. If it weren't for the location I would say staying in Andel's is a completely terrible experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Andel's Hotel Cracow, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel. Guest comments such as yours help us to provide better services in the future.
With regards to your feedback I am extremely sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your accommodation and service provided by our staff and deeply regret this. I would like to apologize for inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. As guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, I would like to personally look into these matters.I can assure you that proper actions were taken in order to avoid this kind of situations in a future. Also our hotel staff including housekeeping is trained on regular basis.
Please be so kind to notice that cleanliness in our hotel is mostly rated on higher position by our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to andel’s hotel Cracow, where we assure you of our best attention.

With kind regards,
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Modern hotel with top notch facilities and great location. Beautiful room with very spacious bathroom, although showering led to flooding of the entire bathroom floor. Breakfast was 4 out of 5. On one occasion I requested housekeeping which did not happen, but not really a big deal. If you pay, you'll get superfast internet (free one is sort of slow).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is excellently situated both a few minutes from the railway station and the old town (via a short walk using an underpass). As the railway station is only 19 minutes from the airport, you can be checked in within half an hour of collecting your bags if you time it right. Also next to the hotel is a very smart shopping mall full of the latest stores and restaurants, although most of the restaurants are of the fast food type such as McDonalds.
As to the hotel itself, it is very modern, clean and slick. Bedrooms are of a decent size and reasonably insulated from outside noise. Decent TV & DVD player, bathroom is very smart with a large shower (poor water pressure) and it also has a fairly small bath. The towels aren't too good and there are no bathrobes.
There is a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities. No ice machine in the corridors but reception will gladly bring ice for you.
The maid service is not 100% here. They did not replace the tea/coffee etc during your stay. Did not always replace coffee cups or change the sheets every day.
The breakfast is overpriced at €12 and the bar in the hotel was empty most of the time during our stay but this was December, so maybe I think it gets much busier in spring/summer.
The reception staff were very helpful in many matters.
Overall I would recommend this hotel (bring your own tea bags) and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for staying with us and for bringing to our attention the experiences you had during your stay . Guest comments such as yours are an invaluable feedback to help us provide better services in the future.
Given your overall rating I regret that you experienced inconveniences during your stay for which I would like to apologize. As guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, I would like to personally look into these matters. I can assure you that proper actions are going to be taken in order to avoid this kind of situations in a future.
Andel’s Cracow Hotel is always trying to do the utmost in providing high quality and efficient service to all hotel guests.
Thank you, once again, for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property , where we assure you of our best attention and services.

With kind regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Loved it! Bit of a cock up when first checking in due to a computer glitch but we were relocated to a different hotel for one night and then got an upgrade for the remainder of our stay. It was a lovely hotel and we enjoyed our time staying in both the hotel and in Krakow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Situated right next to the railway station, a few mins walk from the old town and right next door to the galleria shopping mall makes this hotel very convenient. Reasonably priced and a good restaurant and friendly staff. On the down side is that the rooms are small, there is very little space to put your clothes, rooms at the front get a lot of noise from the trams the water bottles are refilled, the gym is minute and take your own water as the water dispenser was empty while I was there. The free wifi is very slow, you have to pay for a faster connection.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We arrived in style for a min price by the hotel's Chauffeur driven van to a warm welcome and made to feel at home for our whole stay. It was next to the new Galleria and walking distance to town. The rooms were a good size and very clean and comfortable. The staff could not have been more friendly, helpful or accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Krakow as it was just perfect. The best kept secret in Krakow.

Room Tip: A corner room with a little sitting area, it was a much larger room and look out for dinner and acco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maria M, General Manager at Andel's Hotel Cracow, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your special review brought us so much pleasure - thank you, it is highly appreciated.
There is nothing nicer for a Hotel Team than to read this kind of feedback. We always do our utmost to ensure all our guests are welcomed and well taken care of!
We would like to assure you – you will always be more than welcome at the andel's Hotel Cracow.

Best regards,
Maria Makal-Mlynarska

Been to Andel's Hotel Cracow? Share your experiences!