“Very Nice Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
San Jose, California
“Very Nice Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent two nights there recently so that I could tour Auschwitz and Birkenau. Every staff member I encountered were very helpful and friendly. In fact, I found that everyone I met in Poland were very nice folks. They arranged my tour with ease. And when I wanted to go for a walk the next morning, but it was raining, they lent an umbrella to me. The room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
londonderry, northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed there a few days ago for a weekend break with my wife.
We found the staff friendly and efficient . We needed an iron and ironing board and it was delivered to our room very quickly. We were located in the Annex and found our room spacious and quiet at night. As other reviewers have stated the walls are quite thin but this was not a problem for us.
The location for us was ideal, about a 5 minute walk will get you into the market square.
At the end of Garbarska and Lobzowska there is a small convenience store which is handy, also for a light bite around the corner is a great wee café with good range of snacks called Bar na rogu.
We found the breakfast and choice very good and you could make up your own sandwiches for 2 Zloty.
Because we were in the Annex I could not get Wi Fi but had no problems in hotel lobby. All in all a good hotel for the tariff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Spent one night at Alexander Hotel and it was OK. The place is well positioned but the room was not that great. I was separated by a door from the room beside and I could often hear my neighbour, which was quite unpleasant. There were also a bunch of noisy guests on the same floor and that was easily noticeable. The WiFi coverage was quite flaky and the breakfast buffet was so-and-so.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booed this hotel several weeks ago for a three night stay but when we arrived our room (one of six) had been trashed by a school party so we had to stay at a nearby hotel for one night. when we returned the following day we ended up in the annexe. to make up for this we did get free mini bar and two bottles of wine. the room was spacious, clean and amenities fine, however the soundproofing between the rooms not great and a bit noisy at times. Breakfast Ok and replenished frequently. ideal location for transport and attractions. all staff helpful and pleasant. would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. the hotel lies centrally, easy to walk to the old town. Rooms were clean and fresh. The buffet breakfast was average, but quite enough for our needs. Small mistake was when one day we did not get any towels, but a call to the reception solved that problem. This is just the kind of a hotel I like when taking a "a short city leisure holiday" with my wife.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013. The hotel is very central to restaurants, buses, trams. The breakfasts were great - to suit everybody. Hot dishes and plenty of continental foods such as cheeses, hams, yoghurts etc. The rooms were clean and airy. The staff were very efficient. We took the bus to Auschwitz which was about 1.5 hours. The fare was 14 Zl per person which worked out at about just over £3. Also we took the Bus 304 to the Salt Mines which was also very reasonable. The food was good and very cheap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in the Alexander Hotel for 4 nights in April 2013. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It is in a great location, a quiet street but just 4 minutes walk from the beautiful square which is full of restaurants & beautiful sights, also just 5 minutes walk from the main bus & train station and the shopping center. It was great to have tea & coffee making facilities in the room. The breakfast was really good, hot & cold buffet. The rooms were spotless, lovely & warm, fresh linen every day. I loved my trip to your beautiful city & I would recommend the Alexander Hotel to anyone. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends