“Leone aparthotel, krakow” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Helsinki, Finland
“Leone aparthotel, krakow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very pleased, everything I needed to know, I could ask from info and they helped. Breakfast wasn't that good, but there are some restaurants and locals was selling bread almost every corner. I even forgot my bag in taxi and asked from hotel info to call to the taxi driver and tell to return, so I could get it back, and luckily, that succeeded! It was very beautiful hotel from inside, even though the outside looks a little bit different.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Please note - only the rooms on the 3rd floor have airconditioning. Our room, on the 2nd floor and up 2 long flights of stairs, was stiflingly hot. I explained to the very pleasant young man at Reception that I really needed a fan, and to his credit, he provided a large pedestal fan within an hour. If that had been our only problem I would have given the hotel a better rating, but it wasn't.

We were kept awake both nights of our stay by people having a long, loud conversation in the corridor until about 2 or 3am. There was also screaming and yelling from behind the hotel throughout the night. There was also a large group of women screeching for hours outside the hotel's main door one night.

There was no milk/creamer of any sort for the coffee in the room. I called down to Reception for some and had a confusing conversation with a woman who could not understand that I wanted some, or what I wanted at all. At one point she asked if I wanted to buy milk. In the morning I mentioned it to Reception and was told that they thought I wanted milk for breakfast. Also on the first night I realised there was no soap for the bathroom basin. All that was provided was one very small bottle of combined shampoo and shower gel and another with body lotion, per person. The shampoo/shower gel was barely adequate for one shower. I asked for soap the next day and was told it should have been provided and we were given a piece. When we returned from that day's sightseeing the used shower gel/shampoo hadn't been replaced. Some was brought up, with apologies, when I asked.

The room was very basic and stark. The touches that add colour in the hotel's photos were all missing - no fresh flowers and no art work on the walls, just bare white paint. The white and grey room actually felt quite depressing. And speaking of depressing - the street the hotel is in is really really depressing. My daughter and I felt unsafe coming back after dark at about 9pm. Every single time we walked up the street, regardless of the time, we felt uncomfortable.

Cleanliness - we have 2 identical toothbrushes, which we always keep carefully separated on either end of any bathroom shelf, with our different deodorant with other one to be sure we don't get them muddled. The cleaner at this hotel put the toothbrushes next to each other, but left the deodorant alone. It was extremely annoying.

Both my daughter and I, after going to bed on the second night, felt our sheets were gritty down at our feet. We pulled them back to discover black grit and hairs! We had showered before bed, so we knew it wasn't from us. Disgusting!

It seems, from Tripadvisor reviews, that if you are in the more expensive rooms on the 3rd floor you have a wonderful time, but otherwise, don't bother. Also, the breakfast mentioned in reviews, wasn't special at all.

The young man on Reception that I have already mentioned obviously cares deeply about the hotel and goes out of his way to provide excellent service to the guests, but he can't make up for the other points I've mentioned. I have the distinct impression that corners are being cut as far as service is concerned, to save money or through neglect on the part of other members of staff.

Room Tip: Only take rooms on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Anna D, Manager at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear LynetteMin,

Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at Leone Aparthotel.
It is difficult to me to read how bad impression we had made. I am very sorry, for all inconvenience we cause.
We really want to be the best at serving people, so all your feedback was important to us. Since that time we have implemented whole system of training for all of us, everything to improve our service.
Hope we have a chance to meat again and give a perfect stay at Leone Aparthotel.
Best regards.
Trier
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel and experienced the following issues with the room we stayed in:

- paper thin walls (all conversations of the neighboring rooms can be heard perfectly)
- very small room (basically 14 sqm useful area incl. bathroom)
- not clean (hairs on bed and towels)
- smell of smoke in the shower cabin

As we are both from the hospitality industry, we offered the hotel the chance to make up for our misery/improve our experience by providing a detailed feedback on the issues. This we did after the first night. To our astonishment the lady at the reception did not act at all on our comments.

To complete our negative experience, we were awoken on the morning after the second night - and here it comes - by two drunken blokes who were sitting ON THE ROOF drinking alcohol and being very loud at 06.30 in the morning! We had to call reception TWICE for them to act!

To conclude, we assume that we got very unlucky with the room we were allocated and that others with different rooms really had the great charm experience. Unfortunately we cannot recommend this hotel. In addition we do not understand the lack of service and customer focus provided to us by the the staff working there.

Room Tip: Avoid ALL third floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna D, Manager at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear AlexanderDH,
It is very disappointing that our hotel did not cope with your expectations.
All the suggestions are very important for me and my team. The proper changes have been implemented.

You will be always an important Guest in Leone Aparthotel or other our hotel.
We hope to host you again in Kraków.
Blantyre, Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Myself, my son & my friend spent 6 nights here at the end of July and loved it. We were on the third floor (yes lots of stairs but worth the climb & great to feel it getting a bit easier the more you did it) room 308 - beautiful, clean room with great AC which was very welcomed considering the high temperatures. We had 3 single beds which were comfy and very well presented with throws and cushions. Bathroom spotless and great walk in shower. Breakfast was great and always a hot choice if required. Staff were more than helpful - special thanks to the young receptionist who booked us in for an extra night due to missing our flight (Thurs 1st Aug) what a lovely girl who was so welcoming and even provided a cuddle for a very fragile guest - thanks and wish I knew your name.
Don't hesitate to book this apart hotel as its in a great location and more than you could hope for to have a great stay in wonderful Krakow.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor have AC not sure if the 1st & 2nd floor rooms have it.
Anna D, Manager at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear fa233,

We would like to thank you for your opinion. We are trying to do our best and we are very glad when our Guests are satisfied and happy. The receptionist's name is Karolina and she is sending you greetings! :) We hope to host you again in Kraków!
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really liked this hotel. It is old and full of character. It has been created from a tenement building of flats. It still has the original 100 year old wooden floors and tiled stoves in some parts. On our floor(1st) they had kept one of the original apartment front doors complete with nameplate and peephole. Quirky or what?It was not bland! It has been refurbished to a high standard and it well equipped. The bathroom was spotless with a great shower. I think I was lucky because we were in the only room with a balcony. it overlooked the street one way and up to the railway line the other. The street itself was dingy in parts. But it is over 100 years old. The street was ideally positioned with a short walk to the main square, the Jewish quarter and even Wawel castle was not that far away. I had the buffet breakfast once and it was fine, hot bacon and eggs(fried or omelette)was available if you wanted it,as well as a plentiful cold selection. For what the room cost it was excellent value and I would return here if I was to visit again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Anna D, Pozdrawiam, Karolina Guest Relations Officer Aparthotel Leone at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dearmaggielovestess5

Thank you for your opinion. It is very nice to know that our Guest left our hotel fully satisfied. We are glad that you liked our Aparthotel and we are waiting to see you again here!
fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are just back from a three night stay in the Aparthotel Leone, Krakow, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Located only a short walk from the Jewish Quarter on one side and the main centre on the other, we found it really convenient. On first impressions, I must agree with some other reviews that the street is rather "shabby", but this adds to the atmosphere of the place, and anyway, once we had been in an out a couple of times....we didn't really notice. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the buffet breakfast was fresh, with a good selection and the offer of cooked eggs which were served very quickly. We were up on the top floor where the rooms appeared to have been only recently renovated. Everything you need, and all spotlessly clean with a great shower. We were slightly disappointed at first, that the top rooms only have skylight windows, but it was lovely to lie in bed and look up at the night sky....and anyway, the view was only of the street...so no big deal. Room was very bright and well lit. Just a word of warning though to anyone, who like me, would struggle with a lot of stairs - there is no lift, so if you are on the top floor...it is six sets of stairs to the top rooms. My two daughters bounded up them, but my husband and I struggled with the last two. All in all though, a super place to stay and excellent value for money. We would certainly recommend a stay here!

Anna D, Manager at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear kingdomlass,
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Leone Aparthotel.
Thank you for staying with us. Hope see you again :)
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel had spacious rooms with good standard. The location was perfect between the old town and the jewish quarter. We found the staff to be friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was nice. The rooms had nice new funitures. The standard was all over very good.

Anna D, Manager at Aparthotel Leone, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Opinion sof our guest are always important for us.
It is like a feedback how we are running Leone aparthotel. Thank you for staying with.
Hope that we will have chance to see you soon.