“Very informative” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 202 Activities in Krakow
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The OLD TOWN Free Walking Tour - 10.30 am. every day.The JEWISH QUARTER and the GHETTO Free Walking Tour - 2 pm every day. The COMMUNIST KRAKOW Nowa Huta Paid Tour - 10.30 am every Saturday (1 Nov - 31 Mar). CASCO ANTIGUO - 10.15 todos los sabados KAZIMIERZ BARRIO JUDIO - 14.00 todos los sabados (1 noviembre - 14 marzo). All tours start in front of St. Mary's (Mariacki) Church at the Main Market Square. Look for our RED sign.Full of knowledge entertaining walks about history, architecture and people of Krakow with licensed local guides. We are locals so you can ask us any question about our city. No booking, just come to the meeting place and join us. We work all year round in every weather.
Chelmsford, Essex
“Very informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is an excellent way of visiting the sights of Krakow. The guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining.

• Greek first
Stoke, United Kingdom
“Free walking tours - what a discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just getting back on the discovery/cultural holiday trail after almost two decades of family holidays (never really did succeed in getting the kids into culture!) and feel almost blessed to have made Krakow our first city break for many years. The Walking Tours were a massive bonus that just rounded off a superb break to a beautiful city. Call me naïve but I had no idea these sort of tours existed: I just happened to be trawling the brochures in the hotel lobby and came across this and one for a rival company (very similar name). I spotted the Communist Nowa Huta Tour and as luck would have it, it was departing the next day at 1000. We turned up and joined about five others for what was a fascinating (and for a child of the 60's/70's) quite nostalgic tour of the purpose built Nowa Huta district of Krakow. I can't really speak highly enough of it. The guide - Jacek - was clearly very knowledgeable and engaging, and the tour itself was well paced and comprehensive. There is a charge for this tour (about £10 each from what I recall) + a trip on a tram, but it still represented superb value. The one downside for me is that I would have liked to have gone a couple of stops further up the tramline and at least seen the steelworks for which the housing estate was built - but apparently they're so large that they're not really worth seeing as can't really be taken in from the outside. So impressed was I with the trip that we also joined Macabre Krakow (Jacek again) and The Old Town tour (Navia). If you've never done these before then do them. Unless otherwise stated they are genuinely free (although you'd have to surpass Scrooge for miserliness if you didn't leave a reasonable tip at the end - most people seem to leave the equivalent of c. £5 - £10 for each trip). Other than the Communist Tour, they seem to least around two hours, so as long as able to walk/stand for that length of time, they are an absolute must. Personally, I would start your trip to Krakow with the Old Town tour just to get your bearings. We did ours at the end but still found it very interesting/useful. We actually paid for a walk around the Jewish Quarter as part of our trip - it was good but no better than what we experienced on the Free Walking Tours. We will hopefully return to Krakow one day and when we do we'll undoubtedly be seeking out the 'stick of power' again - I'd strongly recommend anyone wanting to add value to their trip to this beautiful city does the same.

Visited May 2014
Yorkshire
“Good way to get the background on the history.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had decided to have a walk to the Jewish quarter in Kazimierz when we came upon this free walking tour so we joined on at the back.We were shown some of the historic highlights of the area before moving over to the Jewish Ghetto over the river. The lady leading was very informative and without her we would have walked by things not realizing the significance. At the end of the tour she suggested we may want to give her a tip and gave us a leaflet asking us to put a review on TripAdvisor, so here it is. We would definitely recommend doing this. All tours start from the front of St Mary's Church. Daily tours of the old town start at 10.30 am daily and The Jewish Quarter tour starts at 2 pm daily.

Toulouse, France
“Spanish and English tours with Martin and Marta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I LOVED the tours! I did other ones in other European cities but these were the best! The guides are local and know a lot about their city. I took almost all the tours and did not regret it as I learned more in those few hours than I would have wandering on my own for days! I also liked being able to take the tour in Spanish. I recommend it to everybody!

Krakow, Poland
“Best guide ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Ella was amazing! She definetly knows how to make you feel part of the history and culture of Cracow! Excelent tips, great details....i think best tour guide ive ever had! Congratulations! We took 2 tours with her!