“Very nice hotel but horrible internet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Opolska 14, Krakow 31-323, Poland (Formerly Efekt Express Hotel)   |
Ranked #149 of 250 Hotels in Krakow
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice hotel but horrible internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I wish I can give this place a perfect 5 out of 5. Everything was great for this type of hotel (mid-class limited service - although they do have a restaurant which is unusual for holiday inn express in the states).
The rooms were comfy, modern and clean. The front dest staff was very gracious and helpful. I had some overnight packages come in from Holland and they made sure I was notified ASAP. The food at the free breakfast was very good. Really everything met or went beyond my expectations EXCEPT the WiFi.
The WiFi was dreadful for the most part. There were times that I could maintain a brief Skype Call but for the most part it was BAD.
Please fix this important part of most guests hotel experience and you will have a great place. I am a Priority Club Platimum member and have stayed at many other IHG properties around the world and am very fond of this hotel (once you fix the internet)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went with work as cabin crew,took a flight of students to auswitch,we had the whole day in krakow and some of us went to sight see and i went shopping and to visit the old town with my colleague and friend,the old town was spectacular and the buildings and the centre was very lovely,shopping centre are huge and plenty good shops so comfy shoes and a big bag is a must lol,will go back for an overnight stay for sure as i love poland its a great country with so much to do wether you want to shop,see the sights or take it easy its upto you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being my first time in krakow I was completely disgusted by the service I received at this hotel. I was treated like crap from the moment I arrived. It was 9:30 am and after asking where a restaurant was my friend and I were pointed towards the dining area behind us. We sat down and were not served so we walked to the bar and grabbed the waiter. He came to the table and asked us what we wanted to drink and then he brought us our water. After he never returned we got up and asked him if we could see a menu so he pointed them out to us. Again no service so after deciding what we wanted we got up a third time to talk to him. When we tried to order it was only at this point (at least 30 mins later) that we were informed the restaurant wasn't even open for another 2.5 hrs. It only gets worse from here. The next day we returned to the dining area for dinner to be greeted by a different waiter. When ordering our drinks he actually argued with me about the kind if water I wanted, threw his hands up and walked away on me while I was mid sentence! The same day we were expecting housekeeping. The shower gel was empty so we turned the bottle sideways so they would know. Instead if replacing it they filled it with water, shook it and moved it into the hand wash holder by the sink - and in turn moved the hand wash into the shower. So when we went to use the hand wash (which now was obviously the empty shower gel) the bottled immediately squirted out the refilled water. What a joke. On the third day, today, we were set to check out and do a city tour which ended at three pm. Our flight was not until 9 pm and we did not want to roam the city so we were willing to overlook the ridiculous service and pay for a third night just to stay there after the tour until our flight left. When I asked the front desk if we could please rent the room for another night he sounded apprehensive and then said "no the hotel is already overbooked." We just watched a large group check out and I believe he was lying. I checked on hotels.com as well as directly through the hotel and sure enough there are rooms available. What a disgrace to the holiday inn name. These people should not be employed.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Blynn2012,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Krakow hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Got a cancelled flight today because of heavy fog, then was sent to this place,should not have complained too much, but just ordered a beer the bar and the bar guy is incredibly rude and dismissive ,worst staff ever i met in any of the hotels,restaurants or bars.he ruined the everything.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Tony W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize for the unacceptable service you encountered at our bar during your visit and any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured, your comments will be forwarded to the departments involved and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Krakow, Poland.

Anthony M
Brixham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for three nights of hell. This hotel takes in large groups of young students who ran riot every night, shouting and racing up and down the corridors until the early hours of the morning. Evening meals and breakfast were both fairly good. In the evenings the small restaurant area was quickly filled and some people had to wait for a table, service was slow.

Our room was clean and a reasonable size, but cold as the heating wasn't working and we asked for a heater which was quickly supplied.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be any young students staying at the hotel before you book.
1 Thank BrixhamJeanjeannie
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very nice rooms - clean, beautiful and a very good bathroom.
The breakfast was very nice too.
The WiFi was the main problem, very very slow WiFi, almost impossible to connect to the hotels network.
The hotel is located outside of Krakow so you need a car or taxi to get to the city center.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this HIE property. I don't remember having such a hard time using internet previous 2 stays. They have groups of young people that come to visit Auschwitz and stay here. Front desk said that all the kids were the reason. I couldn't even get on at 1 or 2 in the morning cause these young people were eating up all the bandwidth.
Here's the thing, if u advertise free wireless internet...it means u MUST provide it. If, as the front desk said, it is because of all the young people using WIFI with their phones...then you look for a solution. Don't give me excuses...find a solution. If, not, then be up front about it. One solution would be to offer wire service in the rooms.
But what really pissed me off...was that after I explained how the lack of internet really messed up my business for three days, they didn't offer anything. I said to them that atleast they could drop the fee for parking.
I couldn't believe it...they not only wouldn't drop the $10 daily parking fee but mistakenly charged me twice.
Their "penny wise and dollar fookish" attitude was totally repulsive..... I will write a general letter to Holiday Inn explaining what transpired....but if you go here, know that you stand a good chance of not having an internet connection as advertised. And by the way, I am a Platinum member. No acknowledgement whatsoever of my being Platinum. Next year, I will stay at the Best Western Next door. They have wireless and cable in the rooms.
Holiday Inn Krakow....shame on you!

2 Thank ILoveIsrl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear ILoveIsrl,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Rewards member and taking the time to write us a review. I am disappointed to read about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the Internet issues and staff service you received. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Pam G.