Being my first time in krakow I was completely disgusted by the service I received at this hotel. I was treated like crap from the moment I arrived. It was 9:30 am and after asking where a restaurant was my friend and I were pointed towards the dining area behind us. We sat down and were not served so we walked to the bar and grabbed the waiter. He came to the table and asked us what we wanted to drink and then he brought us our water. After he never returned we got up and asked him if we could see a menu so he pointed them out to us. Again no service so after deciding what we wanted we got up a third time to talk to him. When we tried to order it was only at this point (at least 30 mins later) that we were informed the restaurant wasn't even open for another 2.5 hrs. It only gets worse from here. The next day we returned to the dining area for dinner to be greeted by a different waiter. When ordering our drinks he actually argued with me about the kind if water I wanted, threw his hands up and walked away on me while I was mid sentence! The same day we were expecting housekeeping. The shower gel was empty so we turned the bottle sideways so they would know. Instead if replacing it they filled it with water, shook it and moved it into the hand wash holder by the sink - and in turn moved the hand wash into the shower. So when we went to use the hand wash (which now was obviously the empty shower gel) the bottled immediately squirted out the refilled water. What a joke. On the third day, today, we were set to check out and do a city tour which ended at three pm. Our flight was not until 9 pm and we did not want to roam the city so we were willing to overlook the ridiculous service and pay for a third night just to stay there after the tour until our flight left. When I asked the front desk if we could please rent the room for another night he sounded apprehensive and then said "no the hotel is already overbooked." We just watched a large group check out and I believe he was lying. I checked on hotels.com as well as directly through the hotel and sure enough there are rooms available. What a disgrace to the holiday inn name. These people should not be employed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel with outstanding hospitality service is conveniently located only a few minutes driving distance from the Main Market Square and the Old Town of the Royal City Krakow. It is also easily accessible from Balice International Airport, routes from Warsaw, and the A4 motorway Katowice -Wroclaw - Berlin. Hotel is the perfect place to start discovering Krakow and surroundings as Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours available at reception. Golf fans will enjoy world-class golfing at the nearby Golf Krakow Valley. The hotel welcomes guests to 181 modern, brightly decorated, air-conditioned double rooms, including rooms for disabled persons, rooms for non-smokers only, twin type of rooms, double rooms (with an extension sofa), as well as connected rooms. The hotel's standards include, among others: complimentary buffet breakfast, coffee and tea makers, wireless Internet access /free of charge/, six conference rooms - for up to 200 persons, a lobby bar, a restaurant serving Polish and international cuisines, a souvenir shop and a car park for 230 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Efekt Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow