Being my first time in krakow I was completely disgusted by the service I received at this hotel. I was treated like crap from the moment I arrived. It was 9:30 am and after asking where a restaurant was my friend and I were pointed towards the dining area behind us. We sat down and were not served so we walked to the bar and grabbed the waiter. He came to the table and asked us what we wanted to drink and then he brought us our water. After he never returned we got up and asked him if we could see a menu so he pointed them out to us. Again no service so after deciding what we wanted we got up a third time to talk to him. When we tried to order it was only at this point (at least 30 mins later) that we were informed the restaurant wasn't even open for another 2.5 hrs. It only gets worse from here. The next day we returned to the dining area for dinner to be greeted by a different waiter. When ordering our drinks he actually argued with me about the kind if water I wanted, threw his hands up and walked away on me while I was mid sentence! The same day we were expecting housekeeping. The shower gel was empty so we turned the bottle sideways so they would know. Instead if replacing it they filled it with water, shook it and moved it into the hand wash holder by the sink - and in turn moved the hand wash into the shower. So when we went to use the hand wash (which now was obviously the empty shower gel) the bottled immediately squirted out the refilled water. What a joke. On the third day, today, we were set to check out and do a city tour which ended at three pm. Our flight was not until 9 pm and we did not want to roam the city so we were willing to overlook the ridiculous service and pay for a third night just to stay there after the tour until our flight left. When I asked the front desk if we could please rent the room for another night he sounded apprehensive and then said "no the hotel is already overbooked." We just watched a large group check out and I believe he was lying. I checked on hotels.com as well as directly through the hotel and sure enough there are rooms available. What a disgrace to the holiday inn name. These people should not be employed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel is a comfortable 4-star hotel with friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and convenient location (5 km from the Old Town of Krakow and easy access to the airport). All the rooms are en suite, air conditioned and come with satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and tea/coffee making facilities. The Amber Restaurant serves polish and international cuisine, while at the lobby bar you can enjoy a wide range of drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel also has 6 meeting rooms, as well as a business centre which allows you to take care of any urgent matters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow