I stayed here for two nights in October, and the main reasons for choosing this hotel had to do with me booking on their website a lot, and the fact that it appeared easy for me to get to the hotel from the highway (and it was).
The property looks quite old and worn out… You see that from the lobby all the way to the room.
I arrived very late on Friday, close to midnight, and the hotel was sold out just swamped with teenagers / young adults (emphasis on the young….) / students. Quite a noisy bunch. Great news the room I had, ended up offering a quiet retreat from the craziness. Room was clean, but worn out, it could use a major face lift, just like the rest of the hotel.
On Saturday when I returned in addition to the students there was wedding in the lobby…. Great news the noise from neither groups made it to the room!
The internet which I need for work and I use all the time was barely available. I assume because of the many guests trying to connect all at once. Once the tour busses left the internet was available but slow.
In talking to the reception folks it appears that on many weekends the hotel has tour groups and they are sold out.
In the morning the hotel offered free breakfast, which was OK. Not the best ever. Price was very high for what they offered, over 300PLN, parking included - Both , as compared to other HI properties or other similarly star rated hotels in Poland.
The hotel is not far from downtown, 4 - 5 km or so, but it is not convenient to get there, especially w/o a car.
The only one very positive thing for me about this stay was how quiet the room was.
Overall, I would not recommend this property for visiting Krakow or for business trips - main reasons; location & condition of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel with outstanding hospitality service is conveniently located only a few minutes driving distance from the Main Market Square and the Old Town of the Royal City Krakow. It is also easily accessible from Balice International Airport, routes from Warsaw, and the A4 motorway Katowice -Wroclaw - Berlin. Hotel is the perfect place to start discovering Krakow and surroundings as Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours available at reception. Golf fans will enjoy world-class golfing at the nearby Golf Krakow Valley. The hotel welcomes guests to 181 modern, brightly decorated, air-conditioned double rooms, including rooms for disabled persons, rooms for non-smokers only, twin type of rooms, double rooms (with an extension sofa), as well as connected rooms. The hotel's standards include, among others: complimentary buffet breakfast, coffee and tea makers, wireless Internet access /free of charge/, six conference rooms - for up to 200 persons, a lobby bar, a restaurant serving Polish and international cuisines, a souvenir shop and a car park for 230 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Efekt Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow