The night of Friday, September 28th 2012, we had reservations for two (2) rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Krakow (12/14 Opolska Street, Krakow, 31-323). The reservation was for two non-smoking rooms. I am also a Platinum member at the IHG loyalty club.
This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in all my years. I spend an average of 6-12 nights at hotels every month. The rooms were missing furniture (one room was literally missing the couch), they smelled and were unclean, there internet only worked in certain areas of the hotel, there were holes in the hallway floor, the carpets were stained, it was extremely loud, the climate control did not work. When brought up to the staff they were arrogant, rude, unfriendly, and purposely showing a lack of concern. The noise complaint was rejected as “there is a large group of young people staying in the hotel tonight.” When ordering room service from I was told and had to walk down to the restaurant and pick it up myself.
When asked for a refund, starting from ordering non-smoking rooms, I was told the manager is not in, it was 7AM. When I asked to contact the manager the receptionist said they don’t have a way of doing so! I had to go on further and inform that if there is an emergency there is a number they call. After checking back with the representative a few minutes later she informed me she tried to contact the manager and they cannot offer a refund. I do not believe a manager was consulted.
This hotel should be shut down, let alone hold the Holiday Inn name, it is a disgrace. I am requesting a full refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel with outstanding hospitality service is conveniently located only a few minutes driving distance from the Main Market Square and the Old Town of the Royal City Krakow. It is also easily accessible from Balice International Airport, routes from Warsaw, and the A4 motorway Katowice -Wroclaw - Berlin. Hotel is the perfect place to start discovering Krakow and surroundings as Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours available at reception. Golf fans will enjoy world-class golfing at the nearby Golf Krakow Valley. The hotel welcomes guests to 181 modern, brightly decorated, air-conditioned double rooms, including rooms for disabled persons, rooms for non-smokers only, twin type of rooms, double rooms (with an extension sofa), as well as connected rooms. The hotel's standards include, among others: complimentary buffet breakfast, coffee and tea makers, wireless Internet access /free of charge/, six conference rooms - for up to 200 persons, a lobby bar, a restaurant serving Polish and international cuisines, a souvenir shop and a car park for 230 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Efekt Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow