I am usually a traveller that will pay more to be centrally located. For some reason I couldn't sleep one night and went on hotwire and got this hotel amazingly cheap. I must admit I was disappointed when I found out what hotel and where it was, but was determined to make the most of it.
The hotel is dated...but it is clean and the staff were very friendly. It is out of the way but a taxi is relatively cheap. We had actually booked 2 tour days where we ended up being picked up right at the hotel and dropped off at the City Centre when we came back so only had to pay a one way trip each time. The bus was easy to find as others mentioned, we just chose to take a taxi as we thought it was still cheap.
The breakfast was not very good, but what do you expect at that price of the room? We arrived late on the first night, so ate dinner at the hotel...I didn't find it that pricey and it was quite tastey and the service was excellent (this was a quieter night).
All in all, you decide. If you don't mind being out of the city centre to save $ then this is for you...if you prefer to be in the city centre...I strongly suggest that this is not the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel with outstanding hospitality service is conveniently located only a few minutes driving distance from the Main Market Square and the Old Town of the Royal City Krakow. It is also easily accessible from Balice International Airport, routes from Warsaw, and the A4 motorway Katowice -Wroclaw - Berlin. Hotel is the perfect place to start discovering Krakow and surroundings as Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours available at reception. Golf fans will enjoy world-class golfing at the nearby Golf Krakow Valley. The hotel welcomes guests to 181 modern, brightly decorated, air-conditioned double rooms, including rooms for disabled persons, rooms for non-smokers only, twin type of rooms, double rooms (with an extension sofa), as well as connected rooms. The hotel's standards include, among others: complimentary buffet breakfast, coffee and tea makers, wireless Internet access /free of charge/, six conference rooms - for up to 200 persons, a lobby bar, a restaurant serving Polish and international cuisines, a souvenir shop and a car park for 230 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Efekt Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow