HIE Krakow is a good option if you'd like to have decent, comfortable hotel for really low price.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION - It is situated in the northern part of Krakow, close to main roads. There is large car park attached (30 PLN/24h). From the city centre you need to pay approx. 20-25 PLN for a taxi, still very low price. Bus #130 goes from the city centre (near Galeria Krakowska) and stops approx. 300 m from the hotel (print your map for the first time), cost is 3.20 PLN/30 min ticket (in the evening you can buy 15 min ticket as this is more than enough to get there).
CHECK-IN was quick and efficient. This is budget hotel, so no additional benefits or extras for Priority Club Rewards Elite status members. I have booked "1 DBL + sofa bed" room. Lobby and reception area looks good and pleasant. There is bar, restaurant, large dining room, business meeting rooms etc.
ROOM #233 was situated on the 2nd floor. I have contacted hotel earlier to advise them that "I do not need to have my sofa ready for the 3rd person" (what they confirmed), but unfortunately when I arrive there it was prepared. Unnecessary extra work for the maid... Anyway... Room was clean and fresh. It is quite basic, but comfortable and good quality. I really liked my bed, which was very comfortable.
I was advised by the Receptionist that there is no Wi-Fi Internet access in the room, despite that it was working there (not the greatest, but still OK). I think that should be changed in the future as this is standard all over the world.
I was worrying that there will be noise heard from the corridor or outside, but it was pleasant and quiet.
In the morning complimentary breakfast was served. Another surprise. I was expecting quite basic (as in UK) selection, but that was really nice. Hot and cold meals, different types of bread, fruit, cheeses etc.
I was quite happy as well with my Priority Club Rewards points which were accumulated just after two economical nights in this hotel. Overall it was definitely great value for money. Comfortable hotel for a little bit less and not too far from the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel with outstanding hospitality service is conveniently located only a few minutes driving distance from the Main Market Square and the Old Town of the Royal City Krakow. It is also easily accessible from Balice International Airport, routes from Warsaw, and the A4 motorway Katowice -Wroclaw - Berlin. Hotel is the perfect place to start discovering Krakow and surroundings as Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours available at reception. Golf fans will enjoy world-class golfing at the nearby Golf Krakow Valley. The hotel welcomes guests to 181 modern, brightly decorated, air-conditioned double rooms, including rooms for disabled persons, rooms for non-smokers only, twin type of rooms, double rooms (with an extension sofa), as well as connected rooms. The hotel's standards include, among others: complimentary buffet breakfast, coffee and tea makers, wireless Internet access /free of charge/, six conference rooms - for up to 200 persons, a lobby bar, a restaurant serving Polish and international cuisines, a souvenir shop and a car park for 230 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Efekt Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow