“Great location very modern hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Straszewskiego St 17, Krakow 31-101, Poland (Stare Miasto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #27 of 242 Hotels in Krakow
Limassol, Cyprus
“Great location very modern hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have just returned from an excellent 4 night stay with my family.The hotel is located 5 minutes from the main square and 5 minutes from the castle and the river in the other direction.We had a business room on th fourth floor ,the room was spacious enough,clean with tea and coffee facilities and bottled water free.The breakfast was nice with a lot of choices of of hot and cold food,the only problem was the service at the breakfast was very poor.Also free wifi available.
In general is a nice hotel in a great location with poor service at breakfast.overall a lovely hotel i will definitely recommend .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed in a few hotels in the past three weeks, in the UK and in Berlin, Warsaw and now Krakow. I think the Radisson hotels are the best. I love the bottles of water they leave for you, the use of computers (For FREE), the pen and paper by the phone, the clothes line over the bath to hang wet clothes, the safe, the fridge. The rooms are bigger and have space to move. The Staff are wonderful.The restaurant was great last night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed 4 nights from the 30th June. The Hotel is in an excellent location, the staff were all very good, helpful and polite. Our room was cleaned every day to a high standard.
Check in and out were both trouble free.
The room ( standard ) was well appointed with everything you would expect, the only down sides were ...... The TV was not to a standard you would have liked in a Hotel of this standard with very little channels other than Polish ! The power of the shower was quite poor and there was no view at all other than that of other rooms.
The Biggest issue we had was that we could clearly hear the guest in the next room, I think for the first 2 nights our neighbours were a elderly couple who liked to have their TV on full blast but we could also hear the Lady very clearly when she was talking. They woke us up in the first night about 12.15 am and we had to phone reception to complain, granted the TV was turned off almost straight away and I think they perhaps then retired to their bed. We have never had to do this in any other Hotel. Although we did not hear the TV again we could still hear the pair talking. On our last night we were again woken about 3.30 am when the new guests arrived and their room telephone sounded as if it was in our room !
The bed was quite low to the floor but very comfortable.
All in all the Radisson Blu Krakow is a very nice Hotel in a Great location with Great staff but because of the noise problems I could only mark it 4 from 5.

Room Tip: Our room had a adjoining door to the next room, I don't know if this was the cause to our noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ultra modern design - perhaps too 'ultra' - who need duck egg blue ceilings. Overall I found the hotel OK but, sorry, it's not a 5*. Breakfast service was trying to say the least. Lots of young girls rushing around saying 'of course' to everything but the service was really rather poor. On my last morning I asked for coffee as soon as I sat down. My young waitress said the usual 'of course' but, after 15 minutes, nothing had arrived. I asked the waitress about my coffee and two minutes later a coffee pot arrived - full of cold coffee. It was removed at my request and, 8 minutes later, a second cold (ish) pot of coffee arrived. I opted for orange juice.

Everything at the Radisson seems to take such an awful long time to achieve. Every one is pleasant enough but it seems as if their 'get up and go' has got up and left. Sorry Radisson but I won't be back.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and go for a Business Class room. They're bigger, you get a free morning paper d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The staff were incredibly helpful and polite, the facilities were excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our staff. The location was perfect, between the Castle and the central market and in nice surroundings. I would encourage anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a standard room, and found everything to be excellent! The hotel location couldnt be better, the staff were friendly and helped us book our taxis before arrival and our excursions, totally hassle free! We booked without breakfast, and we were offered an upgrade for an extra £65 per night to include breakfast, but didnt take this as the standard rooms in a 5* hotel would be above average anyway! The pillows on the bed were AMAZING!!!! I will be trying to find similar ones now I am home!
My only gripes, was only able to connect for wifi for about 5 mins in our whole stay, my partner couldnt connect at all, and the maids came early, no chance for a lay in, also our shower gel was not renewed, and we ran out and had to use the hand soap on the second day - but all minor things.

Book this hotel if you want to be central and like a good nights sleep!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed in June 2013 on business. This hotel has probably the perfect location for me, as it was walking distance to the city center so even after a full day of work it was easy to stroll over and enjoy the sights. The hotel itself was very well updated, staff were friendly and helpful, and room was above expectations. I would recommend the Radisson Blu to anyone going to Krakow, for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the frontage street and park will also have a view of the city center if high enough fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel? Share your experiences!