“14 irish people go on da beer” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Krakow City West

You added Novotel Krakow City West to your Saves list
Novotel Krakow City West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Armii Krajowej 11 Street, Krakow 30-150, Poland (Formerly Novotel Krakow Bronowice)   |
Ranked #74 of 247 Hotels in Krakow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
galway
“14 irish people go on da beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

we arrived on thurs morning da 11th dec-14 of us.we decided to hav a few hours sleep cause we were wrecked. Unknown to us der was renovations going on in da hotel..we were on da forth floor.The noise was unreal..da hotel said dat they had informed us about it but they hadn't..We complained and they moved us to da first floor but it made no difference..so we basically got no sleep der.. Da bar in da hotel is very expensive but da staff were lovely & friendly. Da reception staff are very unfriendly!! Da casino was da best part of the hotel!! we were der every morning till 8 in da morning..i would recommend to go for a massage in da hotel it was very relaxing..I thought da location was fine..bout 10 min drive in a taxi to da square.
Overall rating of da hotel 7/10..Overall rating of krakow 9/10..its a must to go to da concentration camps..very interesting.
Roisin Galway 12/12/2007

• Liked — room service
  • Disliked — da construction dat was going on, which da hotel didn't inform us about
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Booked our flight/hotel package on Expedia. My girlfriend is of Polish descent so it was about time that we took a trip to her motherland. After arriving at the airport (which was quite small and lacking ambiance; definitely one of the most plain I've been in but really, it's just an airport), we took bus 208. The hotel's website simply read to take 208 but gave no mention as to the stop but we decided to wing it anyway. Even though the website labels it "Novotel Bronowice" don't get off at the Bronowice exit; stay on until Al Armij (or the like. It's the street name) and you'll see it on your right side. The hotel's lobby was splendid and immaculate. We ate dinner the first night but that was it and opted to skip the 10 euro breakfast since we are more economical than that. The hotel rates as a 4 star and it's close to achieving that moniker. The hallways were bland, but no worries there. The rooms were great- big, clean, plenty of closet space, and a wonderful bathroom.

Aside from the hotel, Krakow is absolutely gorgeous. Recommend taking a train out to see the Black Madonna in Czetochowa if you're a Cathlotic. The train station there is ran down and reeking of the effects of communism, but it's got a brilliant mall right next to it. The best I've seen in Europe and rivals most U.S. malls. Of course, just walking in the town is magnificant with all of the history and landmarks. The Royal Road is a must, as is Wawel Castle and a few bohemian hours in the cafes. if you're a drinker, try the mad dog. It's a great polish drink.

• Liked — The friendly staff and great service along with the comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Expensive breakfast, although it makes more sense to stop at a market
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

The Novotel Bronowice is an above average Novotel, and a decent hotel at a reasonable rate. There are several corporate offices nearby, so if you're looking to be close to them this is a great option. But otherwise, I think there are a number of options in or closer to town that a tourist would find to be a better option.

The rooms are very nice and well-appointed, many of the rooms are undergoing renovations so the updated ones (I don't know which ones have been updated, but the 8th floor rooms have) are definitely nicer. The service was very professional (if at times slow) and helpful. The restaurant was very good, and the bar is small but usually lively. Although I didn't have time to use the work-out facilities, the pool looked very nice and the the other work-out equipment appeared to be minimal.

The hotel offers a shuttle that runs fairly often into town, otherwise a cab to the market square should cost about 20 zloty (about $8 give or take). A cab to the airport is about 60 or 70 zloty.

If you are traveling to Krakow for fun, I would recommend looking for a hotel closer to Market Square or the old Jewish Quarter. If you are traveling for business I think you'll have more walkable dining and entertainment options in those same two areas, but the Novotel is still a decent option. I wouldn't say the Novotel Bronowice would be my first choice hotel in Krakow, but I also wouldn't say it's a bad option

Stayed October 2007
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

Out of the way as it is, Novotel Bronowice is a very good hotel.
Staff is friendly and everyone we talked to spoke good English.
Our room was very spacious and despite being a standard double it had two queen sized beds. It was very comfortable and clean, with a bathroom stocked with several amenities.
Breakfast was plentiful and buffet style, although is normally available at extra charge. I managed to find a pretty good "city break" deal on novotel.com where rates included breakfast too.
The hotel also has an indoor swimming pool, which looked inviting but we never actually got around to trying it.
A great plus is the free shuttle which could remedy the problem of the location. It runs at relatively uncomfortable times however, so the only really good deal is the last shuttle from downtown Krakow, which is actually arranged by taxi. You just need to ask for a voucher before heading out to town, then show up at 22:15 in front of the Wawel Hotel. A taxi will transport you back to the Novotel, no charge whatsoever.
Secure outdoor parking costs 5EUR per day.

Highly recommended.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

I was in Krakow for 2 weeks on business. I chose this hotel because it was literally across the street from where I was working and I was completely unfamiliar with the city and its language. In that regard the location was excellent, but from a tourist or vacation perspective its location is one of its very few shortcomings. More on that later.

I read somewhere that the Bronowice was recently renovated, and that appeared to be the case. Both the public areas and my room were contemporary and functional. My room was classified as a "standard single", and you can see what's included in the photos I attached. It pretty much had all the standard amenities I was expecting (coffee/tea making facilities, cable radio/TV/movies, hair drier, mini refrigerator & bar, small work area, complimentary high speed wired Internet access, climate control, etc). The bed was comfortable but the pillow was skimpy. I ended up using two. The quilt and sheets were appropriate for the climate, and more were available in the closet.

There were no drawers for clothing, but the large closet had a section with shelves and a section for hanging. There was also a place to hang wet jackets and an umbrella stand. The bathroom was appropriate for a single occupant, but two people would find it crowded. Water temperature consistency and volume were good. There were the usual complimentary toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, skin lotion) which were replenished every day. There were two large and two small towels. The bathroom had a heat lamp on a timer, but the maximum duration was 5 minutes, so it would cut out at in opportune times.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and everyone I dealt with spoke English. The few special requests I made (like arranging for a cab at a certain time) were all taken care of without problems. The Bronowice has one formal restaurant and a bar where you can also get simple dishes. I ate in the restaurant on a number of occasions. The food and the service were both very good, however be aware that the menu has mostly Polish dishes and they tend to be "heavy" (creamy sauces, potatoes, stewed vegetables, etc). The menu is in Polish and English. Meals can be charged to your room but they prefer the tip in cash.

I was on my computer for a good deal of each evening working with my associates back home, so I especially liked the access to a high speed internet connection. This allowed me to make VoIP connections to work and my family as well as access my servers in the US without too much latency. I carry a long (15') network cable and power extension cord, which came in useful since the jack was across the room from the bed and I like to work with my laptop on my lap. If you are bringing your laptop, make sure to confirm your room has internet access.

Remember that Poland is 220VAC and uses the standard European power plug. Make sure your power supplies are rated for 110V/220V, or that you carry a converter with sufficient wattage to handle all your electronic gadgets. For your 110V/220V power supplies, make sure you have the proper plug adapters for the Polish outlets.

I was generally very pleased with the Bronowice, and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Krakow, with the possible exception of its location. It is about 4km from the center of the Old Town area, in what can be described as a sparse suburb. What surprised me was the almost complete lack of any form of shopping within walking distance. The only place I could find within a 5-10 minute walk with any sort of foodstuff was a gas station minimart. I did locate 2 food stores, but they were not like the supermarkets in the US. I did not have a car, and if I decided I did not want to eat in the Bronowice's restaurant, my only other option was to travel to the Old Town area. There is a bus stop about a block from the hotel entrance, and the busses go to the Old Town area, but during the day they run on a 10-15 minute schedule, and I was not sure how frequently they ran after dark. I did find an outdoor ATM about a block past the minimart, and I had no problem using my bank cash card to make withdrawals.

The one peeve I have with the Bronowice (and it is very minor), is the selection of television stations. When I first arrived there were 12 total, of which 2 were in English and were all-news stations (BBC and CNN). Hearing the same news reports and commercials over and over gets tedious. There was no English language entertainment except for the pay movies. About mid way through the second week the number of channels suddenly increased to 16, with the addition on a third English all-news channel. I noted this on my review card, and hope the management can find a way to provide an English entertainment channel.

The only reason I would not return to the Bronowice is its location and the lack of any shopping in the vicinity. I saw a number of hotels located much closer to the main areas of Krakow. Since I am now a veteran of Krakow public transportation, proximity to my work location is not as important. Otherwise, if you have your own transportation, the Bronowice provides very good accommodations at a rate lower than their more centrally located cousins.

• Liked — Staff, internet connectivity, general ambiance
  • Disliked — location, television channel selection
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
S.E.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights while exploring the Old Town of Krakow and Auschwitz Camp...

Rooms were huge and for double occupancy.. we were given 2 queen sized beds!! However, apart from the size, rest of the room was rather dated and drab. (somthing out of the 80s!) Mattress was also rather lumpy.

Located in the outskirts there was nothing much to do in the vicinity.. save for a Casino in the hotel.. a gas station a short walk away with a small convenient store for snacks and drinks.

Upside was that use of the Business Centre which was complimentary and the hotel does run a shuttle bus to the city.

Breakfast was included in the rate but was of average quality though the breakfast staff was obliging and polite. I went for breakfast later than usual 1 morning and noted that the basket of pastries was nearing empty.. Thus, I requested for more...they were happy to oblige.

During my stay, I noted a much newer and more welcoming Novotel in the city centre and would have liked staying there more.

• Liked — Business Centre
  • Disliked — Rooms and Decor
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out the Novotel Katowice Centrum first..
  • Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Hotel staff could not do enough for you. They spoke excellent English and even helped out with translating for me when I had a cold!!! The hotel was very clean, warm and friendly. Reception, bar and restaurant staff were great and European Breakfast was very tasty; however, food highlight was cheap and plentiful plate of spaghetti carbonara in the bar!! Planning to go back already and will definately stay here. It is walkable into town, but taxis cheap,so tended to travel by this means. However, make sure you only use reputable ones, preferably booked by hotel as some drivers can be unscrupulous. Only very slight criticism is that there were no tea making facilities in room, but ice on 5th floor and water on other floors, helped with the alcohol in rooms!!!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Novotel Krakow City West? Share your experiences!