“Brilliant place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Sodispar Serviced Apartments
ul. Lubelska 12, Krakow, Poland   |
Ranked #11 of 247 Hotels in Krakow
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed in the London apartment. It was really clean really spacious and with a shared kitchen area it had everything we needed for a 4 night stay. It is up a lot of stairs being a loft apartment, there is no lift and we had to carry our case all the way. Also with the kitchen being right outside out apartment we were woken some mornings at 5am by people making coffee. The apartment is about 20 mins walk from the main square the people who run the apartments are amazingly helpful they gave us a map with lots of places of interest highlighted and gave us excellent information regarding various tourist destinations. I would definitely stay here again but may pack a little lighter next time!!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights in the Milano apartment. To begin, we were extremely happy with the service provided by the Sodispar staff. They were very helpful with all of our arrangements, provided wonderful suggestions and responded to our questions and emails on a very timely basis. The apartment itself was fine. It was a bit "tired" but included all of the necessary amenities for a somewhat comfortable stay. Our biggest issue, and probably the only reason I didn't rate them a 5, was the nightly noise coming from a restaurant/bar right behind us. It would have been one thing if this was an isolated incident, but, it occurred almost every evening, well into the night. I would definitely use Sodispar again, however, I would request placement in a different building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have just returned from our long weekend in Krakow. Initially we booked the Cambridge apartment (sleeps 9) for 5 of us because there was very little else available to us.
After one night, I asked for us to be moved because the noise from the bar below kept us awake until 3am!
Sodispar were excellent. Within half an hour we had seen two separate apartments (zurich and Geneva) both were better appointed and although it split our family up, it proved a better arangement for us. Thank you Sodispar

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stockport UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean, well equipped. Great staff at office and transfers worked well
Roma is a vast apartment (biggest bedroom could fit most hotel rooms within it, possibly twice!). There are 2 bedrooms, one with large double bed, sofa and TV, the other one with double and single/cot bed. Good bathroom with washing machine, large hallway and a store room where the iron & board are found
Location is right on busiest shopping street, near the main square. Apartment is at back of building so quite quiet. Location is good for sightseeing as all the old town is walkable from here.

Downsides are that the apartment is on 2nd floor - no lift/elevator
and Florianska street has touts offering men visits to clubs such as strip clubs (although we didn't see any nearby) at night so you need to be broad minded. This didn't happen when my wife was with us and Krakow did feel a comparatively safe destination. The touts were quite polite and a 'no thanks' was sufficient, as it is with all the people in Krakow who offer trips (city tours, auschwitz and salt mines) or restaurants. They do get repetitive after a while, but this is no reflection on the apartment of course (getting a bit off topic!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I have had a long relationship with Sodispar, as we've stayed in their apartments for two summers in a row in Krakow. My husband was stationed in Krakow on business for three months last year (2012) and three months this year (2013), and I was able to join him for some and most of those times, respectively. His company set up the placement with Sodispar, so I have no insight as to the booking process and very little into the cost (at least in US dollars). I actually wonder why my husband did not receive the email to write this review. In any case, Sodispar provided adequate facilities and cleaning service--we even had a washer in our unit. Not as comfy as home, but it was plenty worth it considering the VERY close proximity to the Rynek Glowny (Main Market Square). Sodispar was always very responsive to our concerns and questions; five stars on customer service. When we had issues with the internet or noise, Sodispar reps were willing to work weekends and get up ungodly early to help us resolve the issues at hand.
Therefore, I'd just like to say thank you--to Jerzy, Jakub, and the team--for accommodating us through my husband's employer for both our extended stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Breda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've stayed in Dallas, a beautiful apartment in the old city. The Sodispar people are nice, they will arrange for everything you need. Two downsides: the aparment is advertised as quiet, because it is situated at the back of the building, but don't let that fool you! The noise from within the apartment disturbs you as much as street noise would. On Saturday night we barely slept because of a group of kids drinking and partying one floor down. Also, even though you are on the second floor, every time someone comes into the front door, you'll wake because of the loud slam. Nothing much was done with our complaint. It was perhaps a bit naive to expect a quiet apartment in the centre, but it was quite a dissappointment, as I was pregnant and needed my rest. Second downside, a small one: the showerheads hadn't been decalicified in a while, so barely any water came out and it sprayed everywhere. We ended up screwing the lower showerhead off and hosing ourselves down every day. Other than that, nice apartment, friendly service.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose Dallas if you really want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The apartment (located less than a two minute walk from the main square in Old Town) was spotlessly clean and had everything I needed for a wonderful week in Krakow. The price was much lower than I would have expected for the quality and location of the apartment. Anywhere in western Europe, the price would have been 4 or 5 times higher than what I paid.

What really made my experience stand out, however, was the incredibly caring service I received from the Sodispar staff. Every member of the staff I worked with repeatedly went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed and to help with any issues that came up.

I cannot recommend Sodispar highly enough and would give them 10 stars if it was possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sodispar Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!