“A perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We can't think of anything bad to say about our visit to this lovely hotel. The staff were very accommodating. While we're not very posh people, it always made a positive impression when the reception stood up whenever we approached the desk. The location is perfect: right in the centre and a lovely old building. The room was very nice, a very clean bathroom with a big tub and nice water pressure. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

the other reviewers (who have left very positive reviews) have covered all the very good points but you really did need to dig a bit deep in to these to find some other factors that are important when deciding to stay here and I am going to highlight these here (but the great stuff remains). Firstly, the hotel IS noisy. You cannot get away from the noise from the square. The windows (or doors) may well be double glazed but you can hear the noise and it goes on until late so if you are a light sleeper, decide whether to bring ear plugs or stay elsewhere. I am an exceptionally light sleeper and I did okay but i did wear earplugs. There are performers who are in the square at night (when we were there a juggler with a drum) and you can hear this and the cheers going up from the crowd. And again, it does go on until a bit late. If you add this to the cafe life that is all around the square (in warmer months) just beware. Also note that the rooms on the top with the balcony (my mum had one) seem to be noiser than the other rooms. I suspect because the door is not sealed off as well as the windows. That leads me to the second point, many here have noted that the best place to stay is the 4th floor. Now I did not see all the rooms on the 4th, but I was in 35 and my mum in 45 and I really liked my room MUCH better. 45 was nice but the bed much lower to the floor and it felt smaller. The balconies are very tiny so dont think these are places to put a chair or anything to hang out. It is enough for one or two people, at a squeeze, to stand. To take a few pictures, great but again, it is not a huge loss if you end up on a lower floor. Finally, the bed. Yes it is hard. I found it just fine but my mum had difficulties sleeping. So again, do read this combined with the people who really loved the hotel. I liked it very much but it is expensive and you need to really really want to be in the square to do this. The hotel is small and the staff (almost all) are really lovely. the interior is quite nice and the breakfast was fine. yes, a buffet but a good one and you can order hot if so inclined. I am very glad for my first visit with my mum, we stayed but when I go back (and I will as I loved Krakow) we would try another hotel...

Room Tip: look at the hotel pics and then pick one and ask!
Stayed April 2011
st paul, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

This beautiful hotel is directly on the square, facing Cloth Hall. It is warm, comfortable and welcoming. We had room 25, a triple room, overlooking the square. There was no noise problem at all. The hotel is beautiful old-world architecture. Our room had a restored beam ceiling and hard wood floors. The room was spotless. The bath was also spotless and modern, with an exposed brick wall that was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. My daughter slept on a cot, which she states felt every bit as comfortable as a bed. The room was very large.

The location of this hotel, sitting right on the Old Town Square, is perfect. It is steps to Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Basilica and next to a wonderful cafe. It is a short walk to other sights, such as Wawel Castle. The staff is simply amazing. Every single staff member was polite, friendly, knowledgable and spoke English very well. Not a single one winced at our pathetic attempts to speak Polish. Whatever the hotel pays these staff members is not enough. They were expertly qualified and extremely welcoming to us.

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed for two nights and had the most wonderful time. The location of the hotel made it for us. It was right on the old town square. Our room had double doors which opened onto a small balcony . We were sipping champagne overlooking such a wonderful view ! There sre 2 types of room traditional or modern . The guy on reception gave us the choice ! we looked at 2 rooms and went foe the modern miminal room with the view. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and booked our trips with no problems.
The restaurants in Kracow are outstanding . The quality of the food and the value for money is unbelievable . We ate in a really good italian called Da Pietro on the corner of the square and had a starter and main course with drinks for the equivalent of about £30 !! ( for two ) . We went to a classical music concert in a church and did a horse and carriage ride , we sipped cherry vodka ouside ( with rugs over us under patio heaters ).
We also visited Auchwitz . I must admit this was very difficult for me but I went along because my husband really wanted to do it. It was a harrowing day and i wept through most of it. But , saying that , it was very respectful and i was glad I went and if you visit Kracow you should go to remember those poor people.
Two days was not long enough and we will be going back this year in October . We will be staying in the Hotel Wentzl again and I would highly recommend it to you . The breakfast was good , although the food you can buy out is also excellent and cheap.
Visit Kracow, its wonderful for a short break. x

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I had a beautiful stay at this special hotel. The location can't be beat in Krakow. The view from our roon was right out on the Maria Church. An amazing sight, especially at night. We ordered a superior room and it was super. The staff is extremely friendly...always a smile as we came down the stairs. The best of all was the breakfast, though....wow.. :))

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The location of Hotel Wentzl is excellent ... it overlooks the town square. I would recommend a room on the 4th floor as most have a small balcony that looks over the square. The rooms are not particularly big , but are certainly sufficient. The hotel staff are first class .... friendly , helpful and courteous . If we were to return to Krakow , then we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Southsea, Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Excellent hotel with superb location right in beautiful main square. Free walking tours start from almost right outside. Impeccable service & staff. Try and get a room with a view of the square, if possible.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple