“Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location , 10 minutes from railway station and 10 minutes from main sq .
Basic rooms , But clean and nice continental breakfast .
Friendly staff and very helpfull.
Would stay here again .
Great place to stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Polonia is an older hotel - 3 star - but it is charming and comfortable. It is right on the edge of the Old Town section - the park right across the street leads into the Old Town. It isn't fancy - not air conditioned, has a lot of street noise, but I just love it. And the staff that works there is excellent. I have been staying there when I go to Krakow for the last 14 years, and the front desk staff remains constant. Three of the folks working the front desk have been there for all 14 years - one of the bellman, the same! AND the others have been there for the last 6-7 years. Low turnover in help usually means a good place, at least in my book.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that the windows open on the courtyard - not to the street. The view isn't as go...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

It's a shame. I stayed in this 3 stars in febuary. I got sick a big sore throat. I tried to call the reception but there wasn't any explication how to use the phone. I had got a high fever. I had to go down. Once in the reception they didnt care about me. I had a drink and the guy who supposed to help you told me go to the bar !!!!! I had just told him before that I was very sick.
I m pharmacist student and I know how the European health card works so I asked them to send me to the hospital or to tell me
Where there was a public doctor. They didn't want to call the public doctor or a taxi. They wanted to call a private one to steal my money. I told them that I didn't want a private one but a public. I told them that I worked in pharmacy and I knew what I need. But anyway. I was so weak that it was difficult to open the lift door and the guy who supposed to help u was looking at me and he didn't move.
In the European law is serious and we call that :"failure to assist a person in danger".
My friend who lived in Krakov told me that some hotels used to call private doctor an then they share the bill.
It s a SHAME.
I don't recommend it.
Absolutly NOT.

• Stayed February 2012
Callander, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent a night before and 2 after a wedding in the suburbs of Krakow here and found the hotel perfectly adequate. One issue was a mistaken booking at the same hotel in Wroclaw which could have been a problem. Rooms were fine, clean and comfortable, although having a kettle but no tea bags or coffee seemed a bit strange. We got supplies for pennies at a sklep around the corner. Location could not be better for visiting old town and access to railway or bus stations. Breakfast was very good and hotel watched our bags all day after we checked out prior to a late bus to the airport coming home.

Oh yes, please make sure you check the hotel handyman, if he's not Daniel Craig then he must be a long lost Polish brother!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We picked the Hotel Polonia because it was close to the train and bus stations, and to the old city (it's just outside the green belt - the old moat - that surrounds the old city of Krakow. Staff were very helpful when we checked in, and in storing our luggage on the last day of our stay (very secure storage - with a claim stub to get back luggage). Older hotel with character - wide staircase to upper level, and room had very high ceilings, and ok bathroom, good bed. TV channels were few and only english. First night checked in tired from flights and slept through night. Second night, woken up a bit by noise and sound from nearby trams - at about 6 am or so.....Still good location, character rooms, and would stay there again. Breakfast was extra and we always ate elsewhere so no comment there (we got down late for breakfast after first night - and looked to be very basic breakfast - well picked over - so ate somewhere else.

Room Tip: Good economic stay. Check out breakfast before paying for it.......make sure it meets your needs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights when in Krakow for Christmas markets. Great location not far from main square and bus/train station. Bathrooms very modern and well appointed. Bedrooms were dated but quaint,clean, of a good size and fairly comfortable. Breakfast was perfectly adequate but not fancy. Staff were helpfull. If you are looking for traditional basic accommodation in a good location ,this ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

hotel is directly facing the bus and train station occupying a large corner building and overlooking a park.
as said in previous reviews the hotel is dated etc but we loved it , had some real character.
old keys for the doors and sash windows, a grand staircase etc , all from a time and place very long ago.
so if your looking modern this isnt for you!
we found the rooms warm and cosy with all you would expect , WiFi was temperamental in the room but worked fine in the lobby.
we had fine views of the park from our room and didnt find the noise from the street a problem.
we ate out for dinner and hadn't time for breakfast but looked your standard european breakfast of cold meats and breads
we liked the dated character of the hotel and its location was ideal, esp for us to have a night around the square and be able to make the bus to Zakopane with no hassle in the morning.
check in and out was efficient and friendly with no problems.
we would stay here again no problems , ideal if flying into krakow , staying a night and heading elsewhere due to its location to the train station and proximity to the main square.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the views of the park
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple