“great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 242 Hotels in Krakow
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am writing this review from the garden of the regent hotel Krakow waiting for the transfer to the airport after being here for four days and I would highly recommend this hotel the room was comfortable and spotless and the staff have all been very pleasant and helpful we stayed on the first floor at
the front of the building but it was still quite at night Krakow is a fantastic place so many bars and restaurants to choose from Will certainly be returning to Krakow and the regent hotel many thanks to you all

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
This is the first review written from our hotel garden! Thank you very much. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit in Krakow.
Malgorzata Badocha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Enfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

very pleasant staff, room clean modern and tidy, breakfast was laid out well . staff helped us with trips and transfers, always smiling.not situated location wise for market square,main bars and restuarants, good location for the river and schindlers factory.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and providing us with your kind comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent value for money-the room was cleaned daily, the breakfast selection was far beyond our expectations and the staff were friendly.

The lack of a hotel bar isn't a problem as there are so many quirky bars on Jofeza Street or round the corner in Plac Nowy. Despite the buzzing nightlife we never suffered from any noise. The Old Town is a ten minute walk away and you avoid the inflated prices for tourists.

Our only minor issue was the double bed was two single beds pushed together.

Room Tip: When we booked we specifically requested a double bed-I'd recommend couples do this as other roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your feedback. Thank you for the effort you put into writing this review. We hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've just returned from a few days in Krakow with my grandmother. We stayed in the Regent Hotel. It is located in the Jewish Quarter which is a nice area. We walked everywhere since we weren't in a rush but there are tram lines near the hotel that will take you there faster since it is a bit of a distance away.

We stayed in room 303 which was quite small but this didn't bother us since we were really just using the hotel for sleeping. It had a good layout and the space was used very well. Bathroom was fantastic with a great shower.

There is free wifi in the rooms but it didn't reach our room. If wifi is important, request a room on a lower floor. It reached the hall outside our room and was even in our bathroom so a lower floor would be grand for wifi.

The people at reception have fantastic English and most of them were so friendly. However, I was told in an email that an airport transfer would cost 100 zloty, but when I booking one to leave it turned out it only cost 80 zloty. I had already booked with another company on the way there so it would have been nice if they had given correct information.

The staff in the restaurant were incredibly rude. I was sick one day that we were going to the Salt Mines so couldn't make it to breakfast. My grandmother asked at reception if it was possible to take food up to the room for me when she was going back up since I wasn't feeling well. She was told this was fine. She was also told by one of the staff members in the restaurant that this was ok. However, on her way out another member of staff there told my nana she couldn't take food up and was then very rude to her when she explained that she'd already asked. For the rest of our stay, this staff member was staring at us whenever we ate and it was infuriating. The look she gave us was one that shop assistants give to people they think are shoplifting. There was no need for it at all and it was disgraceful.

The breakfast was fine. There were several options so everyone should be able to find something they would eat.

The hotel organises tours to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. Our guide for Auschwitz didn't have a great level of English which definitely took away from the experience slightly but other than that it was fantastic. The Salt Mines tour was great also. It was a good idea to go with the hotel for these tours since I've heard that other tours can be a bit dodgy to go with and some don't even show the film on the bus trip. My nana gets car sick so requested the front seat when we booked the tours and this was given to her no problem. Some people decided to do both of those tours in one day, but I found that I was exhausted after Auschwitz so I was happy that I went on different days.

Overall the hotel was grand. I knew it was 3 stars so didn't expect much and everything was good except for that one in the restaurant. I really can't compliment the reception staff enough since they were fantastic. The cleaning staff were also great and so nice and friendly.

Also, be aware that the hotel will ask for tax at the end of your stay (I think it's 1.60 a night per person) and you may not be told of this at the start of your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a very weak internet signal and seem to be a bit smaller. I've heard...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at breakfast was negative and you found one of the waitress rude. I will pass your review to Restaurant Manager. I am sure he will take it seriously. About the price for transfers, I would like to explain that transfer from the airport is more expensive than transfer to the airport because drivers are obliged to pay additional fee for the car park. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future as in spite of everything your stay seemed to be enjoyable.
dexter in westcliff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have just spent three nights at the Regent in Krakov's Jewish quarter and found it to be a very nice hotel if a little dark. The staff were lovely though and very helpful with booking trips etc.
The area has plenty of eateries and the amount of things to do in and around Krakow are fantastic. Try to do the trip to Zakopane and go up on the funicular train to the top. Really lovely place. Auschwich was as shocking as you would expect it to be but well worth a visit. The salt mine was a bit of a shock as if you go in a group they just open a door and you start to descend steps and they go on for so long you think it is some sort of joke. By the time we eventually got to a chamber and stopped I was having a panic attack and had to come back up in a lift. Be warned it is a very long wait for they others to come out!
All in all it was a fantastic holiday and I would recommend anyone to go.
Just a word of advice though about the hotel room. I would recommend a room at the back as we had an attic room at the front and the noise from revellers outside from 2 am until about 4 is pretty dreadful. Not hotels' fault of course.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for very nice review. You mentioned about trips you did and it seems that Zakopane made a big impression on you. Next time I recommend you to take the raft trip on the Dunajec river in Pieniny Mountains.
Bearsden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first visit to Poland and so our first experience of a Polish hotel. The hotel itself was very nice, and very clean with lovely staff. They only do B&B which is a shame as they have a lovely restaurant in the basement. There is a fully stocked bar and a beautiful courtyard garden but they do not serve drink or snacks! The staff did not have a lot of English language skill so we didn't find out why they did not serve drinks or do meals other than breakfasts. If you enjoy historic cities and walking this is the place for you. Do try the local vodka's are they are fab, nothing like the brands you get here. So if you enjoy eating out and lots of history this is the ideal hotel situated as it is in the Jewish quarter. When in Krakow do try the Bigos, it's a cabbage stew with various meats boiled for quite a long time. Sounds rubbish but it is fantastic. Polish breakfasts are nothing like anything you might get in Spain or Italy, but it's nice to be in a place that doesn't try to be anything other than itself, ie, Polish. Some weird and wonderful foods on offer at breakfast time bit do try them, some you wont even know what they are. In conclusion we would recommend this hotel to anyone. The management should be very pleased with themselves as they run an excellent 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: First or second floors are great, 3rd. floor rooms are quite small.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We appreciate your valuable comments about restaurant. We hope that your first visit to Poland will not be the last one as we would love to host you again in our hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have visited Krakow 5 times since 2007, and used the RT Regent every time. The rooms are always spotlessly clean, including the bathroom. We have never stayed on the 3rd floor although my friends have. This was the only room I thought was small. We usually go off season and noise has never been a problem. There is bottled water left in your room although no tea/coffee making facility which would be nice. The staff are always very pleasant and helpful, with English being spoken fluently. The restaurant has been closed for the last couple of years which is very disappointing although there are too many local establishments to count that are superb. The buffet type breakfast can be a hit or miss affair depending on how busy the hotel is and when you choose to eat, but you can always get enough to see you through to one of the hundreds of café bars in Krakow. The Jewish sector where the RT regent is located is about a 15 minute walk from the main square and slightly less to the Wawel castle, both of which should not be missed. I could go on forever but will end by saying don't delay GO TO KRAKOW. I'm booked again for September 13 and cannot wait.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms are in the attic and can be slightly cramped compared to others, but still withi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your past 5 visit to Krakow. It is great that we have such loyal guests.
Kind regrads
Malgorzata Badocha

Been to Regent Hotel? Share your experiences!