Polin Travel Guide & Genealogy - Private Day Tours
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 156 Tours & Activities in Krakow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer special academically designed one day private tours to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Cracow, Kazimierz, Wieliczka Salt Mine and majority of Polish and Jewish heritage and Holocaust related sites in Poland. We specialize in private guiding and genealogy services in Poland but we also work in other fields like Christian genealogy and regular private, expert guided tours to most popular travel destinations around Cracow and Central Europe. All our guides have broad academic education and years of experience conducting tailor-made tours though Poland. We always match our best guides according to the chosen travel itinerary and the visitors background and needs. In this way we secure not only exploring the local history with professionals but also often lasting personal contact enriching the travel experience. We believe in quality, not quantity.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Still thankful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Two and a half years have passed since we had the honor of meeting Tomasz as he guided us through Poland and the Ukraine. Every day I am thankful for his incredible gifts and talents that allowed us to retrace our family's pre and post Holocaust history. A great gap was bridged by his encyclopedic knowledge and research. The experience changed and enriched our lives. We continually enthusiastically recommend him to anyone who might benefit from his services.

Visited July 2012

Belgrade, Montana
72 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our 16 day Eastern European trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I visited Europe in the spring of 2009 and after written correspondence with Tomasz we hired him for a long days tour of Krakow, Kazimierz, and Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camp. The weather was perfect for such an emotional day. 50 some degrees, overcast and a light mist of and on. We felt he was thoroughly knowledgable of the subject matter and during the course of the day I asked him several questions, that I already knew the answers, for my wife's benefit regarding certain aspects of Auschwitz. He correctly answered all my seeded questions and my comfort level with his knowledge was positively reinforced. Having visited Kazimierz the day before on our own, going back with Tomasz was more educational than what you read in guide books or on-line. We have hired guides for short periods on previous trips to Europe and I feel Tomasz is superior to what we have previously experienced. A day with him is well worth your time and money.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Perfect Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I toured with guide/genealogist Tomasz Cebulski, who is based in Cracow, but, will travel anywhere (we drove with him for 2 days from Krakow to small towns and Lodz) several years ago and I enthusiastically recommend him.

His website itself reflects his attention to detail and the scope of his experience and services. If you read the section on client recommendations, you'll see the type of projects he's handled and the variety customers who rave about him.

Tomasz was a joy to work with.. He is smart, sensitive, extremely knowledgeable about all things related to his country, to genealogy, research, languages, history, Judaism, the Holocaust, etc. He has spent time in Israel, England and the U.S.and perfectly fluent in English.

In addition to touring his home city of Cracow, he served as our guide/researcher in several towns including my grandmother's shtetl, and the city of Lodz, where we visited archives and the town hall. There he was able to charm them into seeing records less than 100 years old and some church records. He made an additional trip back to Lodz after our visit to obtain more records, and created a five generation family tree for me.

My husband and I have traveled the world and worked with many private guides, some of whom were exceptional. But none can match the perfect combination of personality and skills of Tomasz Cebulski.

Mady L

Visited January 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
“You are here because you found Tomasz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My original review is on Page 3 of this profile. I just want to say again, if you are reading this it is because you are considering Polin Travel Guide and its owner/guide Tomasz Cebulski. There is no need to consider any other guide, here you will find the best, and the most knowledgeable. If I were to return to Kracow, I would again use the services of Tomasz. He raised my sensitivities, he increased my knowledge and I also came away if possible with the equivalent of a Master's Degree. So as this year of 2012 comes to an end I want to wish Tomasz, his family and coworkers a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Art and Lorraine

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“My visit back to Poland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I left Poland as a teenager in 1957 when we emigrated to Canada. When my British/ American cousins decided that we should plan a family trip back to Galicja, the land of our parents and grandparents, I was asked to organize the trip and found one Tomasz Cebulski. From the moment I started speaking/writing to Tomek ( I still retain some fluency in conversational Polish), I knew that we had found the perfect guy, the perfect guide and above all, a person of great intellect, broad knowledge and sensitivity...a gentleman, in every sense of the word. Tomasz knew exactly what we as a family, all 10 of us, were looking for in our trip of discovery and he certainly ensured that it all happened. His knowledge of Jewish life in Poland, Polish-Jewish relations is truly unmatched. He was most gracious in joining us for many of our group meals and for giving us this extra time, we must thank his most understanding and patient wife (who recently blessed him with a precious daughter, their first child...a Big Mazel Tov to them all !) for his time so freely given.

The visit to Kazimierz, the Old and New Synagogue, the cemetary, Wedel, the Town Square in Krakow (Sukienice), Plaszow, Shindler's factory, the site of extermination and burial of some 300 Jews at a remote location etc. were first-rate and Tomek's knowledge and interpretation of history and the social interaction between the Jewish and non-Jewish elements of Polish society, unmatched. Tomasz allowed me to view Poland from a different perspective than I had while I lived there. He went to great trouble to arrange visits to the City Hall of a town where many of my family members lived and arranged for us to view the birth records going back to the year 1900 of hundreds of members of our extended families. All of this appeared seemless but I know he spent countless hours of advance research to be able to prepare and understand the geneology of our family in Galicja. One of the absolute highlights for me was Tomek's great diligence and patience in seeking out an elderly resident of a nearby town who may have known members of our family. Imagine our delight when a 92 year old, Pani Stanislawa Zajac, blushed at the mention of a cousin's name. Did she know him ? He was her boyfriend in their teen-age years in the 1930's and helped her plow the family fields when all his friends went to the synagogue. She was a most charming, fun and gracious lady who gave freely of her time and beautifully explained the warm relationship she enjoyed with all of her now-departed Jewish neighbours...a most unique experience which only Tomasz with his caring and sensitive yet persistent nature could manage to arrange...my hats off to Tomek, again.

We had a different guide for our visit to the Auschwitz-Birkenau complex (which I personally did not wish to see having lived nearby for so many years and lost all our family there) and I can only say that he was not Tomasz. Tomek standards and care for his life passion are unmatched. If you are planning a visit to Poland, Tomasz Cebulski is a must.

Tomek, jeszcze raz...dziekuje Panu bardzo...Leon