“Excellent food and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Polish, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, MA
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food was excellent and the hostess made me, a solo traveler, feel most welcome. Decorations a bit over the top with pheasants perched on the lighting fixtures, but a solid menu.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot for coffee and cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

With it being located on the main square, I expected this place to be expensive and touristy, but to my surprise, it turned out to be the perfect spot for late morning coffee and cake!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples
“I did not think it was possible to dine this well in Poland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I remember when we used to count on travel books being current and dependable. And they usually were not. Around dinnertime last night we used our mobile app for something nearby and we stumbled upon Wentzl.

OMG.

I did not think it was possible to dine this well in Poland. It was a truly upscale experience in high style and we are definitely foodies. Wentzl is not cheap so if you are looking for a meal on a shoestring budget you will need to go elsewhere but the quality was exceptional, the atmosphere lovely, the presentation outstanding and the waitstaff superb.

Wentzl is located on the mail Market Square in the Old Town and is on the second floor of the Wentzl Hotel. Although it might look stuffy at first, they welcome tourists to come as they are and although you may really be sitting there in your walking shoes, jeans and sweatshirt, you could swear you were wearing a tuxedo and dining among dignitaries in their Baroque dining room.

The wine list is not extensive but is servicable with a fine array of choices and I suspect all will be quite enjoyable. We chose a bottle of Malbec that was very nice and also a glass of Riesling that was said to be an outstanding match to the trout. The warm goat cheese salad was as good as it gets. Beef Wellington was a special and truly special at that. And the truffle cake was just to die for.

Plan to spend about 300 zl (USD 100) for a couple but it is one of those meals that will go on your short list of life's memorable culinary experiences!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a really great time at this restaurant. It was packed with a lively crowd, and the decor and ambiance was charming. The service was impeccable. We had delicious food and tried our first Polish wine which was outstanding (Adoria Pinot Noir). Our waitress was so sweet and attentive. This is an upscale restaurant and perfect if you want to splurge on a memorable meal in Krakow. Great location, right on the main square.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Something Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

You walk into Galeria Krakowska, a huge four floor shopping mall right next to, and accesible from, Krakow Central Train Station and a bus terminal with transport to just about anywhere. Once in there, you see McDonald's, KFC, and lots of similar places. But where to go if you want to pamper yourself?
I walked around down the bottom floor and right near the center, saw what looked like an ice cream parlor with lots of fruit tortes in a display case. Didn't think much of that, what I was looking for was a traditional breakfast, so just in case, I asked. To my surprise, I was given a menu with everything I was looking for on it. I ordered a traditional Krakow breakfast, and was pleasantly surprised when the waiter arrived with a cappucino which was everything I could expect in my home, Italy, but not really here, in Krakow. Perfectly made. The bread was way up there quality wise, as well as everything else.
As I came through the mall regularly during business travels, this became 'my' spot for breakfast...and later, I saw they had a bar, too. Daiquiris, and everything else, including a few I'd never seen before anywhere. And everything - including the ice cream - of exceptional quality. Well worth a stop if you ever happen to find yourself in the Krakow Galeria!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere