Recently stayed here for a 7 night holiday in Krakow.
This hotel has a lot going for it:
- Best of all is the fantastic location next to a large, modern shopping centre called Galleria Krakowska. Even if you're not a shopaholic, the shops (including a decent size supermarket) are sure to come in useful at some point during your stay. The shopping centre itself adjoins Krakow's main train station, so access to the hotel is fantastic as a direct shuttle train runs to and from Krakow Belice airport. A short 10 minute walk through the (warm!) shopping centre and an underpass takes you to Krakow's old town where most of the important sights are located. Alternatively, there is a tram and bus stop right outside - the number 3 tram will be of most use to tourists which takes you straight to the jewish quarter and then on to the old ghetto area if you don't fancy the walk. Busses run from the same stop to the water park if that takes your fancy on a rainy day.
- The hotel lobby and interior in general is clean and very modern. It might not be to everyone's tastes, but it suited us very well. It feels light and airy inside and you can tell the hotel has only been built recently.
- The staff are very helpful and friendly and all spoke good English. We had to ask for their assistance with quite a few things during our stay and they were happy to oblige.
- The hotel's bar and restaurant are good. We didn't have chance to eat there in the evening, but we had lunch one day and drinks most nights. Again, this kept with the hotel's theme of clean and modern simplicity. The buffet breakfast served in the restaurant (which we didn't have included in our stay but opted to pay extra for on some mornings) had a good selection and was very good - yoghurts, bread, croissants, continental meats, as well as a cooked breakfast all on offer.
- The room offered pretty much everything you'd want but nothing you don't need. A flat screen tv, a reasonable size bed, and an en-suite with powerful shower. Of note was the dove hand wash provided - a nice touch considering most hotels at this price point/quality would give you some cheap rubbish. The room had individual climate control so you could keep the room just how you wanted it.
- The facilities of the hotel were what you'd expect from a hotel of this size/specification. No frills, but all the basics covered - bar, internet access (wifi or using a computer in the lounge), luggage storage etc.
The only downsides were as follows:
- The bed was a bit hard and we found the provided bedding a bit rubbish. The pillows were thin and lacked support and didn't offer much comfort. The duvet was similar and everything felt very synthetic. Considering there were posters around the hotel with pictures of people hugging pillows and declaring "comfort" as their top priority, this was a little disappointing.
- Given the above point, my girlfriend asked for an additional pillow at reception. They refused to give her one saying they didn't have any spare, which I was a bit disappointed with - especially because they also have posters up around the hotel saying that if there is any problem with your stay, they guarantee to resolve it within 15 minutes which they really didn't do on that occasion.
- Finally, they have two levels of wifi access. A free option and a paid option. We only tried the free option. Wherever you are in the hotel, the wifi connected with a very strong signal strength which was good, however the speed of the internet itself was so slow it was barely useable at times. If you really want to get online, you'd be best paying for it.
All in all, it is a good hotel and represents fantastic value. Even though the bed wasn't as comfortable as it could have been, the low price for this hotel means I can just about forgive it.
If they were able to sort out the beds, and perhaps improve the quality of the WiFi, this hotel would get 5 stars without a doubt.
I'd happily go back and reccomend it to others based mostly upon its strong location and low price, but I'd strongly suggest taking your own pillow if you can fit one in your luggage!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Sir/Madame. Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, Janusz Migacz
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.