“We are comeing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Youmiko Sushi

Youmiko Sushi
7 Szczepanska Street, Krakow, Poland (Kleparz)
+48 12 421 26 99
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 807 restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Kleparz
Description: We are a small establishment, seating up to 15, off market square, on szczepanska street, in the courtyard next to the exchange office. Our goal is to serve delicious food and make people happy in the process. Expect friendly athmosphere, not stuck-up staff, reasonable prices, not wallet crushing madness,chat us up, and You'll find that there is more to our sushi than the menu says.We have a BYOB policy, since we cannot sell acohol.
“We are comeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I will be comeing next week from England :). I'm English, she is polish. I love sushi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
  • Polish first
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Best meal of my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just got home from eating at Youmiko and had to immediately sit down and write this review.

I am on a study abroad trip for a month and although I have had many great dining experiences on this trip, this one takes the cake. The restaurant was a bit hard to find, tucked away in an alley off of the main drag. The dining space is really small but it has a refreshing atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and Paul made an effort to speak English with our party. He even gave us recommendations for dinner tonight. We sat at the bar and enjoyed watching our sushi being crafted in front of us.

We started with the miso soup and a warm pot of jasmine green tea. The soup was a bit more complex then any miso I have had before. There were shitake mushrooms and pickled radish in the soup which added a significant amount of flavor. My favorite dish of the meal was the mackerel nigiri which had a light lemon zest on top. Everything I had was fresh and delicious and the meal was paced perfectly. The chef has a talent for knowing the perfect order in which to serve the food. I will be going back before I leave, and would recommend this to anyone who enjoys good sushi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Youmiko, Owner at Youmiko Sushi, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for this heart-warming review, it was a great pleasure to serve you food, and listen to how expertly you where judging it, we could only dream that all our guests would have such, i don't know, consideration for what they are eating. It reminded me of myself when going out to a restaurant:)
Krakow, Poland
“Decent sushi, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pretty decent sushi served by local chefs in a very small room in a courtyard. It is not the best sushi I ever had - far from it - but still the best you can find in Cracow. Youmiko is a bid hard to find now, because the building it is located in is renovated on the street level so there are no visible signs on the street.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bergen, Norway
“Best sushi in Europe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best sushi restaurant in Europe!! :-) It is a must when you visit Krakow! The restaurant is difficult to find, unfortunately :-(

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent contemporary sushi at great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the best places for sushi I have been, that's including Tokyo, Osama and Kyoto! Fresh ingredients and rice cooked properly served at the right temperature.

• Visited May 2013