“Neat to experience it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary of Divine Mercy

Sanctuary of Divine Mercy
Lagiewniki District, Krakow, Poland (Kleparz)
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 116 Attractions in Krakow
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
Rome, Italy
4 attraction reviews
“Neat to experience it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

As is often the case a very large and modern edifice has been constructed so this aspect I liked a bit less but it was still very cool to participate in the daily recitation of the novena.
The original chapel is beautiful so be sure to visit it!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Bryan, Texas
“Worth the walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went the first two weeks of June. We were told it would take twenty minutes by car so we were discouraged but we walked by a sign that said Divine Mercy Sanctuary and walked to it. It took us an hour. When we were walking up the hill we felt a peaceful, presence. Inside the beautiful peaceful grounds we saw the sisters walking around and then we saw the small chapel and went inside and saw the relic. We stayed for a while then returned by train. The next day I went by train. I got to pray the chaplet with the sisters at 3pm. It was a powerful 20 or so minutes of praying the chaplet with the sisters and lay people that filled the little chapel that made the trip worthwhile. Now at 8am my time I try to say the chaplet knowing that at 3pm the little chapel is full.

Richfield Springs, New York
6 attraction reviews
“A sacred and prayerful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Especially good for Roman Catholics. Before leaving for Poland, I had in my heart the desire to visit this special place. I had just read the Diary of St. Faustina, and to be able to visit the small chapel where she had prayed and see her relic was very meaningful for me. We arrived just before the 3 p.m. hour and were able to listen as they sung and prayed the chaplet of Divine Mercy. So beautiful. A very peaceful place. We also peeked into the large modern church, but the small chapel was the best. We took a taxi from our hotel and this was a good choice for us.

Chicago, IL
13 attraction reviews
“a beautiful and sacred place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited the small chapel with St Faustina's relic, the huge church and walked the beautiful grounds. Wished I could have spent more time there to pray and reflect. Several small shops to purchase religious books and goods. The small chapel was my favorite. I felt I was on holy ground.

Zurich, Switzerland
45 attraction reviews
“A modern sanctuary church with tower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited this sanctuary church and went up to the viewing points in the tower which provide a panoramic view of Krakow and surrounding. Nearby is the Chapel of Sr. Saint Faustina. Being catholic, we felt the peace of mind of this holy place.

Regular Holy Masses in the Lagiewniki Sanctuary of Divine Mercy
Every Sunday and on church holidays the faithful may hear Holy Mass in the sanctuary's spacious modern basilica at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., noon, 1:30 p.m., 3:20 p.m., and 6 p.m. On weekdays and on Saturdays the service takes place at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 3:20 p.m., and 6 p.m.

Visited May 2013