“A reliable & efficient service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 202 Activities in Krakow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Worcestershire
“A reliable & efficient service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just back from a 3 night city break in Krakow with friends & would highly recommend this city.
As we came out of the Airport, we were approached by Adam a Taxi driver. Naturally we were a little cautious! Well we neednt have been! This guy is excellent along with Thomas + another guy. Sadly we forgot to get his name when he drove us back to the Airport. Adam recommended we did Auschwitz/Birkenau & Saltmine. So we booked him for the day. It was actually Thomas who picked us up on the dot from our hotel & was attentive & friendly the whole time. Nothing was too much trouble. He told us interesting information about Poland, pointed out things en route, gave us tips. Suggested food/drink to try. Got the tickets sorted for the various venues, sorted out where & how to buy a snack for lunch, spoke Polish for us & even allowed us to have our picnic in the mini bus. Amazing! As you might imagine, Auschwitz & Birkenau was pretty harrowing & quite an experience which left us all emotionally drained. Thankfully the Saltmine lifted our spirits + the long day was helped enormously by Thomas. We contacted Adam the next day to arrange our return Taxi to the Airport. Again it arrived spot on time and delivered us safely. These guys work long hours and remain very friendly throughout. Nothing is too much trouble. A very proffessional service & highly recommend. Thank you Adam & crew!

• Polish first
5 attraction reviews
“Great service, great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We searched Trip Advisor and placed inquiries with several tour providers for our trip from Krakow to Auschwitz. We chose Auschwitz-Krakow Tours based on price and reputation. We were not disappointed. Adam is owner and guide and is knowledgeable about Krakow and Poland. We enjoyed our travel with him and conversation made the drive to and from Auschwitz pass quickly He was very helpful at Auschwitz leading us quickly through the crowds to the right place to begin our tour. Finally, he arranged an authentic Polish meal for us during our trip home. Auschwitz-Krakow Tour is a 2-person operation and Adam is totally dedicated to customer satisfaction. I highly recommend this tour company.

Visited March 2012
, Owner at Auschwitz Krakow - Private Tours, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hank you for your review. We are glad you’ve enjoyed our service. Regards Adam
bury st edmunds
“Brillaint service very helpful guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I booked the Tour before the visit to go to Auschwitz and the salt mine and also airport pick up for arrival and departure. Everything was confirmed before hand by e-mail and was also advised to change the time of leaving to make the English tour which was what we were after.
We were picked up the airport and taken to our hotel. Karol our driver was very friendly and answered any questions we had.
The day of the tour Karol was already waiting in the lobby for us and we went straight off. The drive was very chatty and Karol spoke excellent English. When we got to Auschwitz Karol came and sorted the tickets for us and got even got a cheaper ticket for my cousin as he was a student. He explained everything to us and the tour ran very smoothly. Karol was waiting for us at the end of the tour of Auschwitz brikenau.
We then went for our lunch break and was asked if we would like the traditional polish taster menu. I would suggest to go for this as it was great value and very tasty in a beautiful setting.
We then carried on to the salt mine and arrived in time for the English tour thanks to Karol’s knowledge. Again our driver came with us and sorted our tickets which made everything so much easier. The whole day ran very smoothly and could not fault a thing during our experience. Karol also helped me arrange a different tour that I was interested in once I asked him about it.
For the flight home we were again picked up on time and made everything stress free. Overall I would highly recommend this tour company.

Visited March 2012
, Owner at Auschwitz Krakow - Private Tours, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guys... Thank you for good review, I'm glad you find our service
"Brilliant".
Regards
Adam & Karol
Northern Ireland
37 attraction reviews
“Dangerous, Liars - Go Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I visited Krakow in March 2012, was doing a tour of Auschwitz.. Before leaving the UK I made enquiries with a number of tour companies one was this company "Auschwitz-Krakow Tours". I explained where I was staying and asked if they do hotel pick-up (as most tour company's do) and how much the tour cost. In the end I decided to book with another company called Escape2Poland and that was the last I heard from Auschwitz-Krakow Tours.

That is until the morning of my trip when I received a phone-call to my hotel room and said that my Auschwitz tour would now be leaving at a new time of 8.45 which was 30mins earlier then the planned Escape2Poland pick-up and to be in the lobby at this time. I thought nothing of this and assumed Escape2Poland had changed the times due to traffic or something. We were waiting when a driver called "Adam" entered our hotel looking around, I asked him if he was from Escape2Poland and he called me by name, I then showed him my Escape2Poland tour-voucher that I had printed off as I had paid in advance. He never at any point said he was from Auschwitz-Krakow Tours and led us to believe he was our company. He took us to Auschwitz where we done our tour.

After the Auschwitz Tour finished he tried to force us to visit the Salt Mines, even though we had not booked them. We said no and asked to be brought back to our hotel. He was a terrible driver and I would go as far to say it was VERY DANGEROUS. He was continually on his mobile-phone, he was reading his diary, eating and drinking and driving over the speed-limit. He also on our return to Krakow drove through at least 3 RED LIGHTS. Unknown to us all this rushing was to pick up some people at the Salt Mines even though we weren't doing the tour he took us out of the way to pick them up and return us all to Krakow. A terrible experience one we were very worried about.

When we arrived back at our hotel we said thank-you and entered the hotel as normal. However Adam our driver followed us in and demanded money for the tour, we explained we had already paid and showed him our print-out Escape2Poland voucher and this is where he relieved he was not from this tour-company!! He explained he was from Auschwitz-Krakow Tours even though he led us to believe he was from Escape2Poland.
We didn't pay up and got our hotel manager involved who got rid of him. We later contacted the company owner to complain and the impression we got was they had purposely tricked us into the tour in a bid to steal customers of other tours and gain money for themselves. What they had not banked on was that we had already paid in advance!! If we had not then we would never have known any difference apart from the dangerous driving.

I would advise everyone not to tour with this company, there are loads of other companies out there, available from all major hotels or online and please use them for your own security and safety. Enjoy your trip...we made sure this didn't spoil our experience at Auschwitz. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Visited March 2012
Adam C, Owner at Auschwitz Krakow - Private Tours, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear fellow Trip Advisors users, Dear Client,

The time has come for us to face this crushing review. I do believe
that the Client had thoroughly researched all the tour companies
before choosing one. I myself would have done it too. But it seems
that the Client must have mistaken the contact form with the booking
form. I don't understand what question about the price you wanted to
ask us using the booking form, as the prices are all displayed on our
website.

It is not true that we didn't try to contact you. On the contrary, we
sent you an email asking you to confirm or cancel your booking. We got
no reply and we tried calling you. Luckily we managed to reach you at
the hotel. Our employee introduced himself as well as the company he
represented. I do believe that it is hard to mistake the name
Auschwitz-Krakow.com for Escape2Poland, even on the phone.
This is where the misunderstanding began. Believing that you were our
client, we picked you up. And you in turn believed that you were being
picked up by the company you had chosen and booked with.

Unfortunately, the account of the drive you gave in your review does
not reflect reality. There were other people on board too, and we
would like to contact them to confront their opinions and yours. I do
hope that the Trip Advisor users will form their judgment based on the
numerous positive reviews we have been getting.

I really wish you hadn't ruined our good reputation we took several
years to build, and by using such offensive terms as "liars". You are
implying that everyone who gave us positive feedback were liars too,
or that they were all mistaken and you were the only one to see
through us.

I sincerely wish you no such disappointing experiences in your
travels. I also hope that this incident did not tarnish your memories
of staying in Krakow.

My regards to all Trip Advisor users and to you in particular,
Karol - Auschwitz-Krakow.com Tour Company Consultant
London, United Kingdom
“Great Tour Company and Lovely Guide...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Karol was our tour guide and took us to both Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mines.

Karol picked us up on time in a very comfortable and warm mini bus (it was minus 15 so the warmth was very welcome indeed!). There were 2 other couples on the tour and Karol really helped the group interact and gel.

We took the tour where we visited both Auschwitz and the Salt Mines in 1 day. It was quite a long day but Karol made everything run seamlessly and looked after us all from start to finish. In between our visit to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines, Karol took our group for a lovely traditional Polish lunch where we also sampled Polish vodka!

We enjoyed the tour and would like to thank Karol for looking after us so well.

We would recommend this trip to anyone.

Visited February 2012
Dear Caroline, Thank you for your review and for your help in gelling
the group, next time we will try 85%Slivowitz. Regards Karol.