“Simply Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Simply Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews tipped me off to this little gem, which happened to be right around the corner from our youth hostel. Cozy, rustic decor and hearty Polish food was what we expected and what we got. We were very satisfied with our meal, tasty and cheap. Would have gone to this place twice if we had had time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Very Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had dinner there this evening and the reviews in Trip Advisor were very accurate. We both had the pork chop and it was a great choice. Will return before leaving Krakow.

Texas
“Best restaurant find in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I found this restaurant based on several review here, and I can state without reservation that it is incredible.

There are a couple of restaurants in Krakow that have this same decor or theme which cater to tourists, but Chata is a neighborhood restaurant with locals frequenting it.

I ate here twice and was astounded at the flavor and quality of the food, not to mention the low prices. The first day I ordered for dinner the goulash in bread which was bread that looked like it had been baked in a small flower pot, hollowed out and filled with beef stew. To call this stew is inappropriate. At first taste my eyes rolled back in my head and the complexity of the flavors. It is one of the best, if not the best stew I have ever tasted. It is a must to order. Then I had the pork chop which is pork pounded thin, breaded and fried. The pork was fork tender, the breading was thin and extremely flavorful. Again it was the best I have ever had as was the house made cole slaw and sauerkraut. I don't like sauerkraut but this was too good not to eat. I cleaned my plate and was too full for dessert. The beer was light and refreshing, so I had two. All of this, with tip for my lovely attentive waitress, cost me about twelve dollars US.

My second dinner here started with the goulash again since is was so good followed by the most incredible stuffed cabbage and potatoes with butter and fresh dill. I have had stuffed cabbage all my life, but again, this was the best. The sauce for the cabbage was like none I've had. It was light with a slight sweetness about it that removed the bite of the tomatoes. The cabbage rolls were filled with meat and rice. Again the beer was too good not to have two.

I cannot say enough about this lovely neighborhood restaurant. Map it out, find it and enjoy one or more of the best meals of your trip. It is not by any means a theme restaurant, but a local business frequented by locals and some very smart visitors. I promise you that you will be back more than once, so don't wait until your last day to try this place. Go here first, then test the others. You'll come back to Chata more than once. I know I'll be back. Thank you to the lovely waitress who took care of me as a single diner. You were terrific and the food outstanding.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Really great, hearty Eastern European food. Waitress was really nice and spoke English quite well. The interior is all wood, beautiful long tables and chairs. By the time we left, all the tables were full and the waitress was managing it all on her own. Quite a few locals in too which is always a good sign.
We had the pork chop (think pork schnitzel) and the dumplings, and shared the apple pie dessert. Including drinks, the bill was just 52 PLN (about £11). Definitely worth looking for.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent eastern european food for great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent great value for low money. Place inside looks like a small house in the montains. Causy warm atmosphere like home in the country side. Service is great. You can pay by any typeof card.