“Excellent Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$74*
and up
Krakow Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau Half-Day Tour plus Wieliczka Salt Mine...
Ranked #61 of 177 Tours & Activities in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoverCracow.eu is one of the biggest tour operators specialising in inbound tourism based in the royal city of Cracow. We provide our clients with over 150 services, all of which are carefully researched and organised, multi-languages and available throughout Poland. We can be contacted via telephone, fax, e-mail and chat. If you send us a message, we shall get in touch with you and answer any questions. We can be contacted 7 days a week, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Discover Cracow has been also customizing all-inclusive tours for groups, all individually designed, with understanding of the group profile and interest. We offer flexible group tours, and we can simply suit to needs and satisfy taste of the most demanding travellers. Our customer can choose from variety of hotels, tours and attractions.
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We took a day tour to Zakapone, a mountain town 2 hours from Crakow. Our tour guide was friendly, knowledgable, and generally gave us a very good experience. Our guide's name was Victor. We visited the local landmarks, and also got time to visit the main street of Zakapone which has stores and restaurants. I would highly recommend this agency to others. We booked through our hotel, the Hotel Sheraton of Crakow.

Visited March 2013
DiscoverCracow-GL, Manager at Discover Cracow - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks a lot for such a wonderful review ! I'll pass it to Viktor who was your guide during the tour to Zakopane. I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied and I hope you'll be back to Krakow soon and you'll trustu our company again as we're worth it !
Best regards from sunny Krakow !

• Polish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“time saver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We joined the tour for auschwitz birkaneu, they picked us from our hostel and brought back again.
Guide was great, unfortunately i dont remember his name. All the tour lasts about 6-7 hours.

Visited May 2013
DiscoverCracow-GL, Manager at Discover Cracow - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks for your review. We're glad to know that you've enjoyed our services. I hope you will visit our city again, we have much more to show you here:)

Lisboa, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour, great guides!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hostel, where I was, reserved me a trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau. The name of the guide is Peter. He was always helpfull and really cool. When my group was coming back to Cracow, I was on the phone (trying to change my flight's date) and he understood what I wanted. So he called to somebody to know if there was a Suiss Airlines' desk at the airport of Cracow! Thanks again Peter! The guide in Auschwitz (Marta i think) was also nice!

Visited May 2013
DiscoverCracow-GL, Manager at Discover Cracow - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Francisco,

Thank you for choosing DiscoverCracow. We have read your comments about our services and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. Of course I'll pass your message Piter. Your opinion is for us very important. Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Los Angeles, California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Reliable, efficient - recommend smaller group for Wieliczka”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Took two of this company's guided day trips: Auschwitz- Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine. On time pick up both times, comfortable mini buses, efficient tour leaders who spoke impeccable English. Both tours utilized local tour guides employed by the museum. My only concern is that the group for Wieliczka was too large (43 people), which made the visit difficult: it was hard to get close to the exhibits and take photos and a lot of time was spent waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. I know that sometimes in Wieliczka, when there is so many people, it's hard to keep pace of the visit. Wieliczka Salt Mine is very popular place for visitors from all over the world and sometimes it's very crowded. I belive that our tour leaders and local guides from museum were doing their best to make your visit as more comfortable as possible.

Best Regards,
Scotland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Karkow marathon mix up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We booked for a hotel pick up for Auschwitz tour on the day of the marathon, all the streets were closed to traffic, and the police at the end of the road were only allowing the coaches through the gaps, our mini bus never made it and had had to go without as, being upset we were informed to make our way to the grey line office in the square, for a refund.
when we arrived we explained that this was our last day and we wanted the tour, the lady said came back in 10 mins. when we returned, she had arranged for us to be taken by private hire car
and she took us along to meet the driver.
Lucas the driver was so nice and friendly, he spoke to us all the time given us a insight into Poland. showing us things on route, he took us to the front of the line guiding us all the time .
getting our headphones for us and how to work them. kept us informed where he would meet us at the end of the tour ,he waited for us and made sure we got the right bus for Birkenau. He waited until our tour was finished even I think we took longer than expected with our guide , he never complained , and even helped us get into the watch tower.
on the plus side as well a private Mercedes car. well done grey line, and lucas you were a star

Visited April 2013
Dear Gues,

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful review ! I'll pass it to Lucas who was your driver. I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied and I hope you'll be back to Krakow soon and you'll trustu our company again as we're worth it !
Best regards from sunny Krakow !