“Great spa and wellness centre” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Galaxy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul. Gesia 22a, Krakow 31-535, Poland   |
Ranked #28 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Eccleshall
“Great spa and wellness centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited the hotel just to use the Pool facilities as we didn't want to use the pool at the water park and contend with alot of children.
Initially we were going to use the pool at the Stary hotel which had in the past been used by the England football team but on arrival thought the £12 per head entry fee a little too expensive.
So we paid our £8 each entry fee and were directed to the lift that would take us to the spa located the basement.
There we were greeted by an attendant who showed me all the facilities including the sauna and steam room which were obviously very new and all super clean.
We had the use of these for an hour and a half before others came in to share this little treasure with us.
Once we had finished we took a stroll around the hotel and quickly decided that here is a venue we could have stayed in that would have been equally as good as the Metropolitan Hotel in which we were at costing around £30 per night more.
All the staff were pleasant and well turned out.
A place I would be pleased to recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at the Galaxy Hotel for me and my partner for 3 nights. On first impression I thought the Hotel looked very smart and classy.
We were given our room card key which operates the lift and access to most rooms which is good from a safety point of view. Hotel room was very spacious, clean and modern and was impressed by the whole design on the hotel. The hotel spa was very peaceful and of good size and had all the amenities you would require, pool, sauna, steam room etc.
Very impressed with the food at The Galaxy, especially the chicken tortilla which comes on its own but by god is it filling, I also recommend the steak purger and chips. Bloody lovely. Drinks are priced very reasonable and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Only downfall is the hotel is approx a 25 minute walk from the market square which we walked every day but are not good for people with walking problems. Apart from that i'd give this hotel 10 out of 10.

JOHOR BAHRU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The moment I stepped into this hotel, I knew I am going to like it. Yes, the staffs are friendly and helpful. The lobby was well decorated. The room we stayed was clean and comfortable and well equipped with hair dryer, safe and coffee mixer. The bathroom is spacious. The only thing that I would like to complain is that there's no free wifi in the room, only in the lobby area. However, you can get it if you are willing to pay for it.
Breakfast was so-so, not really sumptous. However the cafe is spacious and well decorated. It looks classy.
Nearby the hotel there is a shopping center with a supermarket inside. Other than that, there is not much activity you can do nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have certainly stayed in more luxurious hotels with greater amenities but very few that offered the value and level of service provided by this hotel. Our room was quite basic but had a safe, tea / coffee making facilities, bath and shower and simple toiletries. There were only three pillows for two beds and the room was very hot (I only discovered the radiator on the day I Ieft). However, it was possible to open the windows, we had a view of the river from the start of the - not exactly picturesque - and the beds were comfortable. I was disappointed that I needed to pay for wi-fi but it was very cheap. When this did not connect, the very tenacious, kind and marvellous Jakub, came to our room and spent over an hour trying to connect us, before providing an alternative solution. Such frustrations, which included non-working ice-machines on two floors were easily compensated by the can-do attitude of staff. This included a receptionist giving me his personal email address when my train ticket - for printing - had not arrived in the hotel's in-box. I was unable to dine in the restaurant as there was little or nothing for vegetarians. The breakfast was fine and was included in my excellent room rate. It was but a short walk to Oskar Schindler's factory which offered an amazing glimpse into one brief but momentous period in Krakow's history. The taxi fare into the old town was about £4. We swam in the pool each night. It's small but fun with its many bubbles and jets. Be aware of the unisex changing rooms. I would stay here again and I will definitely be returning to Krakow.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We returned to this hotel because of the location by the river and its a comfortable walk into the Jewish quarter we were not disappointed the only thing we missed was a bath in the room just had a shower but otherwise it was great

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just come back from galaxy hotel Kracow and have to say it was fantastic.... The rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels!the breakfast was varied and ok , it was 25 minutes walk from main square , £2 cab ;)
Food in the main square was excellent and very cheap . A meal for 2 with starters and a couple of drinks was approximately £25.
The people are so accommodating and friendly , they love the English !
Went to auschwitz and it was very harrowing but well worth it , also with an English guide .
Overall a very good trip with excellent service from the hardworking people of Poland!
Will definately go back !!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Having already stayed in Krakow in the Summer at the highly rated Hotel Wentzl directly on the main sq, I thought we would try a budget option on our return visit.
Hotel Galaxy, is modern, immaculately clean & the staff are extremely helpful. The rooms & bathrooms are modern, spacious & have all the essentials plus the prefered optionals i.e bath products, coffee making, decent hair dryer etc.
Public areas such as Bar & restaurant were clean & well equipped & there was plenty of choice at breakfast.
The pool & Spa felt almost new, it was that clean. The pool has a great swim jet if you want to exercise, or the jacuzzi, sauna & steam room are good for chilling. My Husband had a sports massage (booked 10 minutes beforehand) & felt it was good quality as well as good value by UK standards at 200 Z for an hour (less 10% for hotel guests) which is about £36 at the moment.
There is a shopping center (not the biggest) & cinema world next door & the river is opposite. It is walkable from the main sq, but I wouldn't want to be walking it there & back every day. Taxis are easily available & cheap.
Would I stay here again - Yes - especially for the use of the pool & spa etc. It offered excellent value & quality. If I didnt want the pool, I would probably try & find somewhere closer to the main sq - especially in the summer, when there is so much exciting pavement life in the bars & restaurants on the main sq. In winter it made little difference being further out as there is little or no outdoor cafe culture - it all moves indoors for the warmth.

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw were very similar,