I have travelled to many cities around Europe and stayed in many hotels and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. On arrival to the hotel I noticed that the room we booked was not suitable to our needs and was not as described when I booked it (room 305). I asked to change to a different room and the first thing the receptionist did was laugh at me and the second thing she did was tell me if I didn't like it I could leave. absolutely no attempt to solve my issue was made. The whole floor I was staying on was a complete building site with drilling from seven in the morning till late and a constant stream of builders walking by our door. access to the lift was sometimes closed off to us and the walls would literally crumble when using the sockets.
I have seen many places misrepresent their establishment with select pictures taken at complimentary angles but this place takes the biscuit! the rooms are tiny, the place is full of dust and building supplies and I can't find pictures of the room we stayed in anywhere on any site I've visited.The stairs are incredibly dangerous and the lights are supposed to be motion sensored but half way donw the stairs the lights suddenly go out and you are plunged into complete darkness.
the place is an absolute disgrace but what makes the experience so much worse is the people who run the place. This has to be without doubt the most unproffessional and incompetently run place I have ever stayed. The reception always seemed to have a different staff member working who never seemed to know what was going on. Our problem with the room was never dealt with and we were constantly promised someone would contact us to sort it out and nobody did. when we went to reception for updates on this we had to keep repeating our issue and then being told there was nothing they could do and they would have to speak to the 'manager' who was never there. the manager would agree to meet with us and then not bother to show up.
the final straw came when the lock on our door malfunctioned and we had to spend the night with our door unlocked only to be told the next morning it was no big deal and it must have been our fault. We demanded to meet this manager who seemed annoyed that he had had to come deal with his guests. This 'manager' seemed to have a real chip on his shoulder and failed to comprehend what customer service was or even to speak to people in any pleasant or normal way. His attitude was constantly offensive and counterproductive and the issues we had could have easily been sorted out by a more able person. This man had no intention of listening to us and made some really outrageous racist comments towards us that in this day and age are completely uncivilised. I am not an angry person and I very rarely make a complaint about something but when I pay a lot of money for a service I do expect at least the basic elements of customer service to apply and a standard of service thats at least similar to what is described.
This place is absolutely awful and it completely ruined my experience. I would strongly reccomend not staying here as there are much better hotels and apartments to stay in that offer much better value and certainly better customer care.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Stare Miasto Hotel Krakow
- Aparthotel Stare Miasto Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aparthotel Stare Miasto is in the very center of Krakow’s historic district. It features spacious modern apartments with free Wi-Fi. In a historic building, the Stare Miasto features a unique interior design in the warm color of bricks with wooden elements. The apartment-style hotel has its own restaurant and bar. All apartments at the Stare Miasto are equipped with an LCD TV and a fully-equipped kitchenette, refrigerator and electric teakettle. There are also laundry facilities available. Aparthotel Stare Miasto is half a mile from the Wawel Castle. There is a variety of restaurants and cafes in surrounding area. Krakow Glowny Train Station and Galeria Krakowska Shopping Center are just one mile away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Aparthotel Stare Miasto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.