“The BEST HIDDEN SECRET ..& best value in Krakow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 930 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Healthy, Polish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We care for your health and carefully choose the ingredients for the dishes we prepare for you. Here at ZIELONA KUCHNIA you will find only the green cuisine, just as our name suggests. We only serve the finest selection of vegetables, fruit, organic meat, grain products and so much more. Our location may be new but the building itself, right on the courtyard of the council house nr 8, is over 100 years old.We were simply charmed by the wonderful atmosphere, the beauty and the long history of this place.The building was erected around 1908 and was destined to hold a blacksmith and locksmith business. After the First World War a local print shop was open here for years, and all of Chopin’s works were printed here for the first time in history. Today it is a great place for having a cosy get-together and enjoying yourself in great company.
Miami, Florida
“The BEST HIDDEN SECRET ..& best value in Krakow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Zielona kuchnia should be Nr 1 !!!!!
There is nothing you could find wrong there and we are very picky couple and tried hard to prove that this is not a real jewel..Only another eatery in Krakow.
We went there 3 times in one week and explore all menu.
All is absolutely great,cozy garden and elegant simple interior.
Few tables and few customers .
No waiting ..service very efficient
Now , the food. All is top gourmet,delicate taste, artistic presentation,colorfull .
Nothing we could find unsatisfactory,NOTHING!
Pumpkin soup delicious, mushroom soup the same...
Duck , salmon on the bed of spinach served with black rice -out of the world. .
Deserts unbelievable, our favorite black chocolate fill in with white chocolate mousse heaven in your mouth.
Who is their chef ?
Real artist ..
Prices very ,very reasonable.
Definitely our Nr 1 pick and our favorite .

Eva, Miami

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Porto/Portugal
“What a nice restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very good food with such a good presentation (and good presentation is really good presentation). The duck was excellent! Also the Portuguese soup was lovely (just a small criticism…it should have some toasted bread aside…as a real Portuguese soup!) and the desert was of dying for (how they did put the icecream inside a crunchy darck chocolate “box”?!?)…. The ambience was also very nice and romantic. Nice modern decoration well mixed with the traditional of the building. It was a little difficult to find it but we were glad we didn’t give up on finding it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ArturZielonaKuchnia, Owner at Zielona Kuchnia, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your nice review.
Culinary Notes have been transferred to the Head Chef ...
Gdansk, Pomorskie, Poland
“Best Polish Restaurant So Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went there on a sunny afternoon, during our second day in Cracow. I've checked on Trip Advisor plenty of restaurants where I wanted us to go in Cracow. I think that something got mixed up in my mind because I thought that was a vegetarian restaurant, a very good one.

It's not an easy place to find, actually, I even think than if you don't look specifically for this one, it's not going to be very difficult to miss. It's located inside a building, in a courtyard. A nice & cosy place as you can see on the pictures.

Till the moment I started to read the menu, I was still persuaded that it was that great vegetarian restaurant I've read about.

I was wrong about the "vegetarian" part, but at the end of the dinner, I was far from wrong for the "great" part. It was just one of the best restaurant we've eaten in Poland so far.

The menu is not that huge, with starters, few soups, small and big salads, pastas, meat & fish dishes, and desserts of course. The prices are not expensive.

Olga took a Roast Pumpkin Soup with Gorgonzola Cheese and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and then a Organic Chicken Breast with Mix Leafs Pear Salad, Sunflower Seeds and Camembert Sauce

On my side, I took a Fit Salad with Clementines, Chicory, Blue Cheese and Lime Dressing and for main a Gilthead Sea Bream Fillet with Crab Risotto, Green Peas and Saffron Mussels Sauce

To drink, we just took a big jug of sparkling water.

Everything was perfect. The salad was fresh, light and the size was really adequate for a starter. While for the soup, the pumpkin & the gorgonzola were great together. The fish was cooked at the perfection and the skin nicely crispy (something I'm really careful of because that's the food I love to cook and prepare in my restaurant for my clients). All ingredients looked fresh.

This is definitively a place to go if you're going to Cracow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ArturZielonaKuchnia, Manager at Zielona Kuchnia, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your nice review and beautiful photo !!!
reading, berkshire, UK
“Classy Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had an excellent meal here, the food is incredible and the price is good. I ate the beef tenderloin and it was perfectly cooked, my hubby had the duck which he was very impressed with. There wasn't many people in the restaurant which is a shame, as the evening was a bit chilly we ate inside but in the warmer weather it would be beautiful to eat in the lovely garden. It is a bit off the beaten track from the Market Place but if you are up for a 10 min walk, or if you are staying at Cracowdays Hotel just opposite, I can definitely recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We couldn't believe our luck discovering this gem in the next road to Crystal Appratments old town where we were staying. It is through a gap in some residential blocks with a lovely courtyard and very well appointed indoor restaurant. The staff are charming and couldn't be more helpful, the food is European with Polish influence and is all perfectly cooked to order. You don't need to book always, but it is wise as the restaurant was quite full. The wines were reasonably priced. The fish was perfectly cooked (not overcooked as so often) and the meat really tender. We voted with our feet and came back again two days later. A tine delightful gem

• Visited September 2012