“Perfect Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Perfect Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I totally enjoyed our first visit to this wonderful restaurant. We arrived early in the evening and Artur (the manager) very graciously hosted us and made spot on recommendations. Our appetizer was a delightful pear,apple, and blue cheese tart over a roasted tomato. I had honey roasted pork and my wife had char grilled chicken with gnocchi. Both dishes were creatively and colorfully presented and were delicious. We ended with fabulous after dinner drinks and a memorable dessert of California dried prunes marinated in black rum with vanilla ice cream rolled in spiced crumb. The entire staff was attentive throughout our visit. A pianist began playing during our dinner which further added to a wonderful Krakow dining experience. I am grateful to Artur for welcoming us so graciously, his lively conversation, and his personal commitment to making our dinner special.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good food. Dark restaurant. Staff not so attentive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Tasty food, nice selection for fish lovers like me. Some staff were a little disinterested others were ok. They could try to be a little more helpful/ friendly. I would recommend the restaurant from the food point of view, prices also good. Perfect for a cosy evening with a friend or partner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Could not afford to dine here if this restaurant was in England! Absolutely amazing food, Michelin starred so very high quality. Everything was delicious. Nice atmosphere, pianist playing in the background. Total price per head for 3 course with wine cost us about £30. Absolutely excellent.

Visited June 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We visited Illuminati having read some reviews and upon recommendation from our hotel, who knew we were visiting Kraków as part of our honeymoon. The restaurant is located very close to the main square.

Illuminati is slightly more formal in atmosphere than most of the other restaurants in the area so you won't look out of place if you are suited and booted.

The service from the moment we walked in was impeccable. We had booked a table on the advice of our hotel, and sure enough within a short time of our arrival the place became fairly busy. My wife had a bouquet of flowers and the staff immediately brought a vase and water for them before taking our order. Drinks came swiftly and the staff came across as very professional.

We we were given complimentary prosecco which was a nice touch, and also some bread, which the waiter said is baked on the premises (and which was lovely) with an olive / sun dried tomato-type accompaniment (also lovely) while we waited for our food. I had the lamb and my wife the steak, both were very good. We finished with fantastic desserts and overall the food was first-rate.

It is more expensive than most of the other restaurants in the area but, given the service and standard of food, still represented good value for money. I will be going back on my next trip to Kraków.

London, United Kingdom
“mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

During my stay in Krakow i stumbled upon this restaurant. i must admit that the food was delicous, although very pricy. If you are on a business trip this is the place.to be. Unluckily i was there with my fiancee. Nevertheless we had a wonderful meal.

• Visited June 2014