“Great polish food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,049 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
London
“Great polish food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Following reading various reviews about this restaurant we thought it was worth a visit. It appears to be a typical small polish restaurant with a bohemian atmosphere, we were made extremely welcome by the waiter that spoke very good English, the menus were written in Polish and English and so easy to follow. My husband had the duck with red cabbage and polish potatoes which he thoroughly enjoyed, the duck just melted in his mouth, I had the salmon topped pistachios nuts with a white wine and dill sauce served with caramelised beetroot and mashed potato, I wasn't sure how the pistachio and salmon would work but indeed it did, it was delicious, to follow we had homemade walnut cake with cream and chocolate cake with cherries both were rich and had the wow factor, together with a bottle of Pinot Grigio, the cost was 182 PLN. The waiter gave us a complimentary grapefruit vodka which was powerful. We arrived at the restaurant about 1745 and by the time we left it was extremely busy so booking would be advised for later diners. Highly recommended

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank tillytheminx

London, United Kingdom
“Good and had a local feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went following a Trip Advisor recommendation. It is good and a little different - a bit more Polish that most restaurants but still with plenty of typical European dishes. We were in the dark red room ate back - nice atmosphere but dark and hot. Unfortunately there was a large very loud group of Poles eating when we arrived - or should I say drinking vodka - one man in particular was obnoxious but fortunately they left soon.

Food was good to excellent. Dessert a little disappointing - the 'special polish cheesecake' ain't that special and could have been from Sainsbury's. Brilliant little polish dumplings though. We tried some flavoured vodkas which were good but they struggled to understand Prosecco or sparkling wine and one of us got a horrid sweet desert wine instead. They said they didn't have Prosecco but we saw it being served.

I would recommend. And the area it is in is very interesting - have a good stroll around before or after dinner - it is extremely lively!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
craigavon
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant on the recommendation of trip advisor. It was only a few hundred yards from our hotel, we were not disappointed. The first time I had fillet steak, cooked exactly how I like it. The waiter was really good fun, started off with bread basket, we didn't have dessert as we were full but had a delicious coffee instead followed by (a shot) on the house. The bill at the end was a nice surprise too (about half what we would pay at
home. It was so good we returned another night.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jean M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So nice we went twice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were wandering through Kazimierz on our second night in Krakow and I recognized the name of the place from Tripadvisor so we decided to take a look. The restaurant was very quiet and the service was prompt. Charming waiter had excellent English and made us feel very welcome. The menu is extensive and on the first night I had the beautifully cooked Wild Boar Sausage which was nicely presented and tasted gorgeous. My boyfriend had the Cream of Potato Soup and thoroughly enjoyed it though the serving was very generous! For the main I had the Baked Trout which was honestly fantastic and I cleaned the plate, himself went for the Pork Knuckle which he liked but struggled to finish as there was so much on the plate. We ordered a glass of the homemade cranberry vodka which was to die for, and the lovely waiter gave us a complementary cherry vodka shot with our bill as our one round wasn't enough! On our last night we decided to go back as we'd had such a nice experience and stuck to the same starters but I had the Boneless Ribs which were gorgeous and tender and my boyfriend had a grilled chicken dish if I recall correctly. The whole experience in the restaurant feels authentically Cracovian and after more complementary vodka on our final night we tipsily told our water we'd be back the next time we visit Krakow! The portion size is generous, the cocktails are suitably boozy and the price is incredibly reasonable. Wholeheartedly recommend for everyone who comes to Krakow.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Loud music turned us away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went on Trip Advisors' recommendation but after one step inside we turned back. The recorded music was really too loud

Visited July 2014