“Great Guide - Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Krakow Free Walking Tour

Krakow Free Walking Tour
In front of St. Mary's Church | Next to Main Market Square, Krakow 31-021, Poland
+48 12 200 23 99
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 202 Activities in Krakow
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE walking TOUR foundation invites for probably the best tours in Poland (More than 2000 excellent reviews in three cities). NOV-FEB: in English: meeting point in front of St. Mary's Church (kosciol Mariacki): old town krakow FREE walking TOUR everyday at 10:00 am | jewish krakow FREE walking TOUR everyday 1:30 pm | street art in krakow FREE walking TOUR every Sun at 10:30 am | foods of krakow FREE walking TOUR every Mon and Fri at 10:30 am, every Sat at 10:30 am | krakow macabre FREE walking TOUR every Mon, Thu and Sat at 6:00 pm | FREE walking SPECIAL tour every Saturday at 1:30 pm. Paid tours: communist Kraków every Wed and Fri at 10:30 am, every Sat at 2:30 pm | main square underground every Fri and Sun at 6:00 pm | schindler's factory tour from Tue to Sun at 4:00 pm (meeting point - reception at the schindler's factory!) Tours will start regularly also after february. In case of question about summer season timetable, or private, & tailor-made please contact us directly.
Chicago,IL
“Great Guide - Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We took all 3 "free" walking tours in Krakow with the same guide - he was great! The tours truly are "free" but come on - at the end of the walking tour make sure to tip these guides well if they do a good job - which our guide did.

We also did the free walking tours in Warsaw and Wroclaw which were good as well. We were able to maximize our travel dollars by taking advantage of these tours and then just branching out to explore on our own.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I joined the tour of the Jewish quarter and Schindler's museum in Feb 2014. Lechu was our guide and was extremely informative and entertaining. I learned a lot more than I would have done had I been walking around with my guide book. Afterwards I continued on with the tour of Schindler's museum with Lechu. You had to pay for that part of the tour but we were told of this well in advance. I found it to be highly beneficial as I understood more than I would have done from the exhibition alone.
I would encourage anyone to take part in one of these tours

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Walking tours of Warsaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had a remarkable 2 days in Warsaw (13/14 Aug 2013).
I began with the walking tour of Communist Warsaw @ 4pm (13) followed by the Old/New town walking tour at noon, the following day, and finally, Jewish Warsaw later that same afternoon @ 4pm. Within 27 hours, I had a pretty good sense of Warsaw's rich and brutal history, and Bart was a very good guide. It was just our luck to meet a woman at the Warsaw Uprising monument on the second day who had actually participated in the uprising as a 15 year old girl, bringing medical supplies where they were needed by navigating the city's sewers. What a way to bring Warsaw history alive. An unforgettable visit. These tours are well worth your time. Sari

Visited August 2013
Opole, Poland
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Hi there!
I joined Jewish Krakow tour in 21st January, and i have to tell you that it was great experience. It was my first time with free walking tour,what is little bit strange, because i live in Wroclaw, where you can also join to free tours. Unfortunately I don't have time for this, because of my work.
Anyway, i had couple of free days and went to Krakow to visit my friends and enjoy my free time. Decided to join to Jewish Krakow tour, where our guide was Alicia, and I have to tell you that it was awesome!! Alicia is great person with huuuge knowledge of history of Krakow, Jews history and awesome sense of humour. I would totally recommend her as a city guide. I really enjoyed the tour with her, also in Shindler Factory.
I can only say, that if you decide to join free walking tour and you will have as much luck as me and Alicia will be your guide, you won't be desipointed! ;)
Cheers,
Michał

Visited January 2014
“Just awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The tour was just awesome! Jack, our leader, tell us a lot of interesting information in a funny way. Thanks!

Timur from Minsk (Belarus).

Visited January 2014