“value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 26 Transportation in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Cracow City Tours - young, energetic tour company from Cracow, professional attitude and excellent value for low prices. Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Salt Mine in Wieliczka, Cracow Old Town Sightseeing, Nowa Huta, Zakopane, Dunajec, Częstochowa and many more. The meeting point located in the city centre and easy to be found. No hotel pick-up as we don’t intend to torture you going around the town and collecting people from other hotels. Groups can expect individual treatment.
Paisley, United Kingdom
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We did 2 tours with this company and thought they were both excellent value for money, although on a bus it went direct to both Auschwitz and the Salt mines. so therefore no pickups were involved all we had to to was to get to their office which is about 5 minutes walk from the square.

At both attractions the guides took care of everything and we got quicker entry to the salt mines as we were part of a larger group

I would definately recommend this company

Visited July 2012
TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hi,
thank you for recommendation to other travellers. We know that it waste of your time going around the city and picking up people from the hotels. We start from one piont in very city center which is easy to reach for everyone.
You probably could see that in Auschwitz an in the Salt Mine is lots of people all the time. We always have guide just for our customers.
I'm happy to know that enjoyed our tours with our guides.

Best regards,

Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hello, That was my first time in Krakow. I really wanted to visit Auschwitz and to be honest with you My plan was to go there by myself. But I talked with few people in Hostel I've stayed and everyone recommend me tour with this copmany. Later I talked with receptionist about this tours and I changed my mind, bought ticket at the Hostel and went on a tour. I . What can I say... EXCELLENT! I can recommend this tour to everyone.!

TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hi Stan P,

thank you for sucha a good rewiev. Well, I'm proud of my company that we were able to show you the most interesting places in Lesser Poland during your first stay in Cracow. I hope it's not the last one:)

Wish you good luck in furhter travel and hope to see you soon in Cracow.

Poznan, Poland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“definitely recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I can recommend this tours (Auschwitz and Salt Mine) to everyone! best service I've ever had! Everything was so great organized, and it wasn't to fast. We had a lot of time in Auschwitz to see everything without "running" from place to place! Such a comfortable bus with really good driver (english speaking:) and so so cheap! Before joining this tour we're looking and checking prices in few other places ... tickets for 110/125/135PLN!!!! WE've paid 100PLN for regular tickets! It's definitely worth to do tours with this guys!

TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi Traveller993,

many thanks for recommendation to other travellers. It's so good to know that from hundreds of other comapnies you've chosen us and we could offer you our services:)
I will pass your compliment to my drivers:)

Alberta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Tour Guide was Great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I used Cracow City Tours for a trip to the concentration camps Auschwitz and Birkenau. This tour was very informative. We took a van to the camps and had a tour guide waiting for us. Our tour guide was awesome! She delivered the information in a sombre but telling way. Our group wasn't too big so that was nice. Would have liked to have been able to eat in the van since we had little to no time to eat on the tour and I was starving by the time we got back. The food at the tourists centre at the camp was overpriced and not very adequate. The tour took about 5 to 6 hours in total so it was a long day without food.

My biggest complaint was that I purchased this tour through our Hostel in Krakow, Poland. It cost 90 PLN and then afterward proceeded to walk through Old town and see the same tour advertised for only 65 PLN. Why the discrepancy? I didn't mind paying 90 PLN for the trip but it should be the same price everywhere. My other complaint was the drive to the concentration camps was pretty crazy. I understand that people drive a little crazier over there but holy hannah, you take your life in your hands riding in that van! If you get car sick easily I wouldn't recommend riding in the van.

Other than that it was nice to have everything organized for us. We had so much of our own planning during this trip it was a relief to just let someone else do the work for once. Visiting the camps is an experience I will never forget. It was a hard day but I would recommend it to anyone. It is deeply disturbing to see the evidence of what humans are capable of. When a group of psychopaths got together and managed to run a country the absolute horror of it all is astounding, May the evidence be a reminder to us all that human life and freedom is precious and never to take it for granted.

TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for using our services, but we can't agree with some of your complains. We want to be sure that everybody gets clarity about what to expect choosing our company.
Price 90 PLN – that's the price of a ticket with a discount and it's taking effect for over 3 last years. It's available for our customers in our offices located at 44 Floriańska St, 2 Matejki Square and also in our Hostels. Price concerns students under 26 years old.
Price (65 PLN) that you've seen, walking throught the Old Town that's a price advertised by Cracow Tours Company (We are Cracow City Tours) and it concerns students or children. It's a pity that you didn't mentioned that the price of regular ticket offered by Cracow Tours is 125 PLN/Person (our price 100 PLN) and also about differences in our services.
Your allegation that you've bought a ticket for 90 PLN and that in other points they offer it for 65 PLN is unfair.
Everyone has a right to his opinion, but you seem to be a bit unreliable in your judgement. Quality has its price.
Price 65 PLN concerns the Trip in which you're driving around Kraków from hotel to hotel for over 1.5 hour, waiting for laggards. After you get to common meeting point, you're changing the bus and after that the tour to Auschwitz starts. The median age of visitors participating in a tour is around 55 years, because that company is focused on cooperating with hotels and 99% of their clients are the hotel clients, so to fill the bus they offer a different price for students.

Concerning to driving. We have analysed tachographs installed in our vechicles and the driving speed in october wasn't exceeded. We can't take resposibility for the quality of roads in Poland, because we don't bear costs of it's renovations.
Madrid, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I did two tours, Auschwitz-Birkenau and Salt Mine. Fantastic tours, not only the guides have a great knowledge of history and of the place itself but also they make it in a way that makes it more enjoyable... . Definitely I would recommend them at least for those two guided tours. Thanks!

TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi Cesar,
thank you for good rewiev and recommendation on Trip Advisor. Those two tours are the most popular and some people think that travel companies put on quantity but not on quality of the tour. I'm happy to know that you are satisfied with our quality. It means a lot for guides in our comapny.

Best regards,