“nice meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Figa Z Makiem - CLOSED

Figa Z Makiem
ul. Slawkowska 10, Krakow 31 014, Poland (Stare Miasto)
48 12 423 7676
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Polish, European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

my bofyriend and i went for a meal here while over in Krakow for a break.
This was a nice place, it was very quiet when we were in, only another couple of people, but the food was lovely and the place was quite romantic and a nice big fire.

Would recommend.

• Visited March 2012

• Polish first
“Great Italian/Polish cuisine with romantic atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was a bit suprised when walking into to Figa z Makiem since the restaurant is tucked in the back where it's not very visible from the street. But I was glad I went in. The atmosphere is very romantic, and old polish style. I had a pasta with bacon and kurki mushrooms which was cooked perfectly al-dente, and my partner had the duck breast with honey saw. Very tasty. The Nougat (something like very rich ice cream) for dessert was also something I'd recommend. If you're looking for top notch food, average prices, and helpful service, I"d highly recommend this place for a date.

• Visited February 2012
London
“Spacious with fireplace, good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Visiting for late lunch, the atmosphere was hard to judge as we have been the only guests but the fireplace gave a cosy feeling and the waitress was friendly. As a starter we have chosen the typical polish Pierogi and a Spinach-Mushroom toast. Unfortunately the mushrooms left an "not really defrosted" impression. As a main course we both went for a wild boar stew on a pancake which was tasty. Interesting was the mulled beer with herbs and spices. Certainly a warm up.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
portland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am staying in Krakow for two weeks. I had walked by this restaurant a few times and finally decided to eat there the other night. It was not busy, which is unfortunate because my meal and the service was EXCELLENT. They serve both Polish cuisine and Italian inspired cuisine. I chose the latter because I thought are more traditional Polish restaurants that would probably served more authentic Polish dishes. I had the mozzarella/tomato/grilled eggplant salad that was served in a tower-deisign with a garnish of pesto. It was HUGE and probably one of the best dishes I've had in Krakow. For dessert, I had their tiramasu made with green strawberry sauce (?). It was not typical tiramsu, but instead was served in a glass with the custard and sauce with ladyfingers on the side. YUM! The server spoke excellent English and the service was very attentive. They have a small patio that was very relaxing on a warm night. A definate must-try when you are in Krakow, in my opinion. The total meal (with two beers) was only US$18, including service.

Vienna, Austria
“Great Discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We came into this restaurant by chance for lunch last Monday. It was a great experience, great value for money. It is well locale, meaning close to most touristic landmarks of the city, service was impecable, so was food. It was initially a just-on-the-go lunch for us, but we really appreciated the experience. Chicken salat very good in flavours and presentation, exceptional roe stew inside a potato paste crepe, and a just-ok pasta dish where saffran was possibly not the best spice to match with the tomato+basil+... sauce, although well home-made cooked noodles and presentation. Highly recommendable, nice venue, good food, best service.

• Visited August 2011