“It does the job eagerly” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Budget Krakow Bronowice
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Armii Krajowej 11A, Krakow 30-150, Poland   |
Ranked #119 of 247 Hotels in Krakow
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“It does the job eagerly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This recently refurbished Ibis is a basic and cheap hotel that eagerly does its job like a young worker.
Rooms are minimalist, but have what is necessary: a hard but quite comfortable bed, a small square table with chairs, a smallish but functional bathroom and two small heaters for colder days. Everything was clean and tidy.
A very welcomed extra was free WiFi in the room. But car parking is for a fee.
Hotel staff is efficient and helpful.
Its location is not exceptional, but it can be handy for a cheap ride to and from the airport: bus 208 leaves hourly airport T1 and T2 and drops you almost in the hotel gate. It's better to walk into Novotel's gate and then go towards Ibis, than keep walking all around the Ibis building itself trying to find out where is the entrance door. From the hotel to the center, almost every bus takes you quickly with no hassle.
I could roughly say this Ibis Budget are almost as basic as some upmarket youth hostels, but with a special feature: everyone, unlike youth hostels, have their own private bedroom with private toilet and shower.
So, regarding we paid a bit more than we would pay for a youth hostel, and we got accordingly, it was a good value option. But this can easily change if, with aging, they fail to keep things tidy or if they rise their fare higher than fair.

Room Tip: Rooms facing backwards tend to be quieter, as the hotel is located in a relatively busy avenue.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Gorzow Wielkopolski, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Quality of stay just great - nothing to complain about. And I liked the price very nice - I used their the cheapest offer available on line, so I paid just 69pln for room. Very good hotel for short stays just for 1-2 nights - rooms very clean but small- just perfect for one person.Bed was very comfortable, staff is very helpful. I realy appreciated a help of hotel manager who helped me to solve the problem with my car - thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Heidelberg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Clean, nice and budget hotel.
Stayed during the easter vacations in 2013 .

The hotel was comfortable and had basic amenites..non nonsense hotel.But it is little far from city centre. So you need to change a bus . tram to go there or take a taxi . Taxi will cost you 20 zot . So if you compare, you can choose Ibis Budget near city centre and pay lil more, but is walking distance to city centre. You can drink full, and walk in middle of night to that hotel, but not this.

The rooms are clean, but are just about for two people to sleep and just basic.
thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

It’s with great sadness that I’m writing this email, I was staying this hotel from the
15 to 18 of March, was a very special date for us.

Me and my girlfriend asked the employee's which I believe to be the supervisor, (Miss Malgorzata Hamala) if we could simple borrow some cutlery as we ordered some take away.

The attitude of this employee was incredible rude, very bad manners, didn't show any hospitality services at all.

We went back to the room as my girlfriend felt insulted and disturbed.

I’ve had a very long day, was extremely tired and just wanted to enjoy my meal with my girlfriend.

This was a very special time for us as we didn't see each other for long time, and I felt very uncomfortable with Miss Malgorzata’s attitude.

Sunday my girlfriend got sick and I asked politely if we could check out later on Monday even if it would cost us an extra charge.
Miss Malgorzata answer was:

‘’It’s better for me if you check out at 1200, tomorrow (18.03.2013) we are very busy and again she repeated it’s better for me that you check out at 1200 and If you want you can leave your luggage in the luggage room.’’

I could not believe to what I was hearing and felt intimidated as if I had done something wrong. Then I said that we've stayed in other hotels from the same group and we've never heard anything similar in any other hotel that the costumer is in the second place to the staff.

Miss Malgorzata answer was: ‘’ sorry not in Poland!’’.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Westminster, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Since Orbis closed hotel Cracovia and opened up the Ibis in its place, this has become my Krakow residence. However it is nowhere near the standard of Cracovia. Cracovia had a homley Soviet feel to it where as the Budget has a clinical and plastic feel. The staff in Cracovia were professional veterans of the leisure industry who wore smart tailored uniforms. Here the staff are young, unknowledgable whose uniforms are mere polo shirts. Cracovia had many shops and amenities including hair dressers and shoe polishers. All budget could offer were vending machines. Cracovia would provide plenty of free shampoo and shower gel where as Budget just supplies a bar of soap. The beds in the budget are hard and the furniture plastic. It is difficult to get a good nights sleep as the rooms get too warm at night and if you open a window there is too much noise. Breakfasts at Cracovia were fit for a king with loads of different pickles, cereals, juices, cheeses, fruits and other dishes. Budget offers a very limited breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't bother with Breakfast. Far too overpriced for its budget standard. Best to get breakfast e...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

New, modern and very clean. it was above our expectation. we choose budget for the price and we expected less. the bed was hard but very conformable. the shower in the room made us believe that a lot of damp, but the there was nothing. no closet there, but if you are an organized person that would be no problem (we stayed there 5 nights). we didn't had a breakfast as there were no eggs or good cheese, so i can not talk about it. we preferred to eat something in the mall 3 minutes walk. the hotel i quite central: max 5 minutes from the train station, 3 minutes for the mall and carrefour hypermarket, max 15 minutes walk from the city center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ibis Budget Krakow Bronowice? Share your experiences!