“Can only echo what everyone else says” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Krakow Half-Day Tour by Trabant
Ranked #13 of 179 Tours & Activities in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Europe’s most famous alternative tours company!Join the Crazy Guides team on one of our personalized Krakow Tours and see the true sights of this amazing city. Our famous Communism Tours were created to change the typical guided tour, packed with tonnes of boring names and dates, into a real interactive adventure. With the help of your Crazy Guide, and a funky Eastern bloc Trabant automobile, you will travel back in time to discover the fascinating history of Nowa Huta, Krakow’s communist district, and experience for yourself life as it was in the “good ol’ days”. All of our young and energetic team were carefully selected by Crazy Mike, our beloved Leader and founder of Crazy Guides, so you can be sure that you’ll get the best Crazy Krakow Tours service on the planet!Crazy Guides are our way of life… Come ride with us Comrade!
Dubai
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Can only echo what everyone else says”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

THE must do tour while in Krakow!!
We were met promptly at our hotel by Kuba who was extremely informative and really helped make the whole experience so enjoyable.

The star of the show though is the Trabant - what a horrible but amazing car. Kuba had to stop for fuel and he gave me a quick look at the engine (takes 2 mins as there's virtually nothing to it!) as the petrol tank sits right on top of it. It was funny watching the faces of everyone in the streets when we passed by - seems it's still a novelty with many of the locals!

We did the Nowa Huta tour and had a drink in Nowa Huta's first communist restaurant (included in the price)

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Not what the father-in-law expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had seen this tour on Michael Palin's TV show "New Europe" on TV, making a diary note that next time in Krakow it had to be on the list. And it didn't disappoint.
as there were 4 of us we needed 2 cars, so the 2 guides collected us from the accommodation, which because it was in the main square and vehicles are prohibited at certain times of the day, we had a short walk to get to the cars.
As we turned the corner, my father-in-law turned to me and pointed out the 2 Trabants, at the same time looking for our trip transport. Yes, I said that is our transport for the next few hours! Suddenly he realised that what we had been telling him was about to come true! Are they safe? he asked. I don't think he answer reassured him too much, as the driver explained that they were registered as classic cars, and therefore did not need the annual vehicle check! But like a true cynic, he kicked the tyres and we squeezed ourselves in and set off to visit Nowa Huta, the communist inspired new town built in the 50's and 60's.
As we rattled and bounced down the road, powered by 26hp of noisy 2-stroke, 2 cylinder motor, I could not be sure how the in-laws were enjoying the experience, so was pleasantly surprised when we got out at the first stop and they were both smiling from ear to ear (or was it a grimace?).
Our 2 driver/guides were excellent and gave an interesting view on the soviet occupation.
It was a great trip and one which my in-laws clearly enjoyed.
Highly recommend it as a very ineresting and different sight-seeing trip!

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Trabants are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister and I booked a half day Trabant tour and loved every second of it. Our young guide showed up at 9:30 am and took us first to Nowa Huta for a tour of the Communist part of town, which included a quick vodka shot at a local café and a photo op at a WWII tank. Then we headed to Kazimierz for a look at the former Jewish ghetto area and the vibrant bar and restaurant scene. We stopped here for traditional Polish snacks, and saw some areas where Schindler's List was filmed.

It was a very informative tour and our guide was a delightful guy (unfortunately I can't remember his name). I will certainly book another tour with Crazy Guides on my next trip to Krakow.

Reigate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You're Never Too Old For Crazy Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked this as a surprise tour to mark the end of an overland tour from Zurich to Krakow via Vienna (Train), Bratislava (Catamaran), The High Tatras (Train) and Krakow (Taxi) with 3 friends aged 85,82 and 81 and what a way to celebrate - Yoolka turned up at our hotel on time in the Nysa Van and Komrade Cucumber in a Trabant - the looks on on my friends face was a picture and we had our first laugh of many we had over the course of our tour.

Cucumber and Yoolka were very patient with my friends and looked after us so well and took care to go at our pace and we had a great morning doing the view of Krakow and the walking tour of Kazimierz where we were taken to a great bar for coffee and a chat. It was a real treat to sit down and talk with our guides and learn about them and their lives.

Afterwards as an extra treat they took us to Nowa Huta and we all agreed this was the best part of the whole tour. They gave us a great tour and explained the history of the town and a gentle walk.

To sum up the Crazy Guides experience I would say don't let age be a barrier to joining in the fun - this was the highlight of our stay in Krakow - we can't speak highly enough and our sides were aching with all the laughs - Thank You Thank You Thank You !

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I booked for a nightlife guide with Crazy Guides at the last minute, and to be honest, I don’t know why I didn’t do it earlier! I had booked through another company for a nightlife guide for a Friday night in Krakow, but then a few days before that company emailed me and said they would have to cancel! I then found Crazy Guides, and emailed them hoping it wasn’t too short of notice for a booking. I received an email the next day telling me that it was fine, and that there’s no price increase for a solo traveller and there wasn’t a minimum amount of people needed for the tour (compared to some other companies). I booked with them, and the price was very good for a three hour guide.

My guide for the night, Asia met me at the hotel on time, and wanted to know what kind of places I liked to go to, and asked if I wanted to some sightseeing during the tour, which I wanted to do. She took me to a few different bars, and asked me about my tour and myself, which was quite good. Probably being a one on one tour, it’s easier for the guide to ask these kind of things, and easier for the client to ask the guide questions about Krakow. Throughout the tour, she showed me bits of the old city, the Royal Castle, the Jewish Quarter, and some really great places to drink, along with where to get the best street food. The time flew and the next thing I knew the three hours were coming to an end. Asia did ask if I wanted to continue on for a bit more, but as I was flying out of Krakow the next day, I decided not to.

She showed me around the city a bit more, as we tried to find a decent place for a taxi to pick me, and she phoned for a taxi to make sure I would get a good deal, and waited with me til the taxi came and picked me up.

A really great company that offers a really great service, great for younger people, and next time in Krakow, I will be using them for some of my tours.

Visited August 2013