“Good restaurant with very nice atmosphere and great wines” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gospoda CK Dezerter

Gospoda CK Dezerter
ul Bracka 6, Krakow, Poland (Stare Miasto)
012 422 7931
Improve this listing
Ranked #230 of 804 restaurants in Krakow
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good restaurant with very nice atmosphere and great wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We passed by this restaurant on the way to another restaurant that was recommended to us and we liked the look of interior so much that we decided to try it. If you do not expect fine dinning restaurant but a common polish restaurant, you will be nicely surprised. Food was really good, wine we had excellent, staff attentive and we really liked the look of the interior. Only downside was cutlery - we got 2 different types of forks and knives and of poor quality. But in general we really enjoyed it.

72% Recommend
  • Polish first
Managua, Nicaragua
“Delicious and confortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good service, tasty food and drinks, and really nice environment and decoration. I loved the style of the restaurant. And you really have to order the mushroom soup, that is a meal you will never forget.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Nice, friendly place with really good Polish cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We very much enjoyed our dinner at CK Dezerter, which is an informal little Polish cuisine restaurant that serves up hearty portions at reasonable prices. My only complaint was that when I ordered what they call, in English, a "pork chop," I got a breaded pork cutlet that looked like a Wiener Schnitzel, and not what I think of as a pork chop. However, I later noticed that this appears to be the norm throughout Poland. They apparently do not understand what we call a "pork chop," and mistakenly use that term for a breaded pork cutlet. Ah well, no matter. It was very good anyway. Everything else we had was quite good.
You won't get high-fallutin' cuisine at CK Dezerter, but you will get very good, down-home style Polish food for a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“V good cultural restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Food very good, if you want something different very worth it. Some hungarian choices aso, wine wad good although it put the bill total up a little. Nice atmosphere, nice service, yes worthwhile visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guelph, Canada
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had dinner there recently at a somewhat unusual hour for Polish diners as the restaurant was empty, but it filled out by the time we finished. The menu is available in a few languages; selection was excellent. I had grilled "oscypek" (a special local cheese made from sheep milk) for hors d'oeuvre, my companion had a soup; then he opted for a schnitzel, while I had a baked trout with almonds, which was perfect. The selection of wines was good enough. Service was adequate - speedy and courteous enough without being overwhelming - and accommodating, as we had a special request. If there is something I can fault them on, it would be the very unimaginative salad I had with my main dish. Other than that, it was a very tasty and pleasant dining experience.

• Visited August 2013