“Brings back memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bagelmama

Bagelmama
Dajwor10, Krakow 31-052, Poland (Kazimierz)
+48123461646
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Katowice, Slaskie, Poland
“Brings back memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Absolutely wonderful food and a great atmosphere. My father is American and I often visited the US as a kid and bagels with cream cheese and lox (smoked salmon) were one of the first things we would eat. It was fantastic to have such an authentic and delicious reminder of my childhood. All the food my group had here was wonderful and I would highly recommend visiting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Bydgoszcz, Poland
“Don't waste your time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went to Bagelmama based on good reviews. Being told that the owner was from the U.S. i thought that the hamburger bagel would be a good choice. First the meat are not cooked there, but only heated up (probably microwave).Meat was very very dry. I was with a group of people and everything we ordered was very average and looked like something you could make at home with very little effort. I would not recommend Bagelmama. There are so many other great places to eat in Krakow.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“What a find, despite being run around by Lonely Planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We walked to Kazimierz from the Old Town looking for Bagel Mama having read about it in Lonely Planet only to discover it wasn't where the book said it was. So upon return to the apartment that evening we looked it up again and realized it had moved. Determined to try something my girlfriend and I both love we caught the tram back to Kazimierz the following morning before our departure to the airport.

We arrived at 9am as it was opening and although the man working seemed a tad rushed he was still extremely helpful and happy to chat. I ordered a John McEnroe and my girlfriend had a BLT with Avocado (which unfortunately didn't materialize).

Nevertheless the food was cheap and very good. This place is a must visit if you're in Krakow and a perfect place to start a day touring the Jewish district.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prague, Czech Republic
“Don't miss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Bagels originated in Krakow 400 years ago, descended from a pretzel sort of thing from 800 years ago. They disappeared until the mid-nineties, when they were re-born here. English spoken. Fantastic. Cream cheese to die for.

Visited August 2013
“Fantastic bagels and coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

A nice restaurant with white brick walls and 1970s style furniture. I had a delicious warm brie bagel, one of the best caffe lattes I ever had and a pot of chili - it was absolutely amazing. As Krakow is the bagel's hometown it's a must to go there ;-).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere