“Good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Best Western. Large well appointed rooms with bottles of water provided each day. An excellent variety of foods at breakfast which is included in the room rate. The car parking is extra which is the only draw back I can think of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion the biggest advantage of staying in this hotel is breakfast. great choice of food for everyone. Arrival experience was good however we were slightly disappointed with car park - there is extra fee. with regards to the room i will be writing a complain as it was not four star hotel room... parts of shower were missed, parts of bed dirty. the same with wall. After this visit i think i will not book best western next time.

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night on my way to Auschwitz. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. The location is a bit outside of town but it will only cost 7 euros to go to Old Town by taxi. I chose this hotel because of the parking space availability. There is a big parking space in front of the hotel for the guest (although it is not free).

The breakfast was not that good but I guess that was the standard of hotel breakfast in Poland. The room was nice and clean. Everything in the room worked quite well. Tap water in Poland is not drinkable so they provided free bottle of water.

If I come back to Krakow, I would probably stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Maribor, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived at this hotel as alternative for a really crappy hotel in city center. It has a big hotel feeling to it, but it is clean, comfy and affordable. Parking is huge so there is no worries for your car.

Taxi to city center was 25PLN (~6 EUR) and I rather pay that and stay in this hotel as to stay in crappy old town hotels as some are.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but I guess I am spoiled by all hotels in Asia....Well I do miss at least plain eggs, yogurt in a cup or something similar...Room was plenty!

Internet was free and working good. There is also a Lidl store nearby at the main road so you can buy any necessities or better breakfast :)

Would I come back? No....but it was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Trnava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Pros
- breakfast icluded
- nice, big, clean rooms
- free, working internet connection in the room
- free water in bottles in the room

Cons
- fridge was not working
- no drinkable water in the bathroom
- toll parking in front of hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My criteria of choice of the hotel were slightly different from those presented by other reviewers who are rather seeking a hotel to stay while visiting historical old town. I was in Cracow on business, and will return periodically during the next 1-2 years. I was looking for a decent hotel within our company's price limit, in the area I visit for business, and this one attracted me by the fact it had a swimming pool (yes, I know, it's childish but it was true). And here was my great disappointment. First, the swimming pool indeed "has the size of a postage stamp", as one of the previous reviewers stated. On the evening of my stay, it was all occupied by a group of very noisy and cheerful men who were playing ball, throwing it through all the pool in all directions. I think they might also have been slightly drunken - this is none of my business though. Anyway, after getting into the pool I realized there is no part thereof where I could swim or bath without risking of being hit in my head. As I did not want to enter into discussion with the men, I asked the hotel employee on guard if he can help. Unfortunately all he offered was, that I could withdraw to my room and he'd call me back once the men finish their play (it was about 8:30 pm with the pool open until 10). He repeated he could not do anything because they were hotel guests. The reception addressed me back to the guard. The whole situation made me so furious that I wrote a complaint to Best Western - but all I got was a standard response from the hotel manager hoping that I would come back to the hotel (and not offering any remedy to the problem). Well, perhaps I am oversensitive, but I'd expect a trained hotel employee to be able to address the other guests and suggest them to limit their game to a part of the pool so that the others may use the pool too?
Moreover, the wet floor of the pool area was very slippery, and the maid serving the cloakrooms should put more effort in cleaning them and be more cautious opening the entrance door open wide when the guests are standing there nude (changing) and there are other people of opposite sex standing on the other side of the door...
The breakfast was nothing brilliant, but OK.
The rooms were clean, new, and well-equipped, nothing to complain about.
I did not visit the lobby or bar, and did not have dinner in the hotel restaurant, so I cannot say anything about these. It seems they are pretty standard.
I did not try to go out from the hotel, but indeed when I was leaving in the morning by taxi, it could be seen it is close to a motorway (I did not have any problem with noise, but I must say I always sleep well), and apparently there are no shops or other businesses nearby. But I cannot be sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

On a recent group trip to Poland, we stayed at the Best Western for 5 days. While the hotel and rooms were clean, there were several things that could be improved. The food, especially the breakfasts, was not palatable. The bar was seriously lacking in standard inventory selections. The Wifi was spotty at best (a friend needed to go into the lobby to get connected) - I was able to connect from my room on most nights. The TV news channels were severely limited. The location was too far removed from the Main Market square. I don't know how the Radisson Krakow is rated, but if I go to Krakow again, I would try to stay there rather than the Best Western.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends