“Fantastic Hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 309 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Fantastic Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This has been one the best hostels my friend and I have ever stayed in. It is quiet and cozy, yet you are still able to meet fellow travelers and have a great time. The staff is so nice and helpful and they even cook an authentic polish breakfast each morning- and it was delicious. The hostel seems more like a small hotel- and it was spotless. The only negative aspect was that the wi-fi didn't work in the rooms, but it did work well in the common area downstairs. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone! I hope one day I will be back as well!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My brother and I stayed at Mundo Hostel for 2 nights. It was our first hostel experience and boy did we luck out. It looked a little scary walking through the annexe, but once inside the hostel we felt safe and secure. The staff at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. I had been e-mailing with them prior to our arrival and the always said "don't worry". They were right I had nothing to worry about. I was even able to mail my train tickets to Mundo for them to hold. As soon as we checked in they handed them to me saying they'd been expecting me. They set up tours for us and recommended places to get great food. The room was clean and the beds were decent. The pillow was dreadfully small but I still managed to sleep. The bathrooms were clean and modern looking. I borrowed their hair dryer and they didn't require a deposit, which was nice. Not sure about towels as we brought our own. The free breakfast was a great start to the day. Although it was a little awkward having to wait your turn to sit at the breakfast table. The wifi did not work in our room, which was annoying. We would sit on the comfy couches downstairs and update our statuses before bed. The walls are thin so please save your chitchatting for downstairs and the rooms for sleeping. On the day of departure we were able to keep our bags locked in the furnace room free of charge. We liked the privacy that Mundo offered and at only $50 cdn a night we wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have to say it: this is one of the best hostels I've ever been. We were thinking about staying one or two nights @ Krakow, and we ended up staying five! The hostel is very clean, excellently located and the staff was awesome and helpful. Some nights they have cooking activities where you can meet the other guests and new make friends. For example, the first night they proposed to cook pierogi, a typical polish food, and since it was a success, they let us cook gnocchi for everybody the following night... and all this for free!! I can't think of anything that could have made our stay better.
I'm really looking forward to going back to this amazing place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Mundo for one night during our stay in Krakow. It was the first time staying in a hostel for both of us, and we were really impressed. Everything was very clean and the staff was friendly, welcoming, and super helpful. The only thing that I would have changed was the location. It was a little farther from Old Town than I thought. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone going to Krakow!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at Mundo for 4 nights on a 5 day visit to Krakow. The hostel was very easy to find and it's location is perfect. 5 mins walk from the Old Town and 10 mins to the Train Station and Kazimierz. On arrival it looks a little daunting as you have to walk through a dodgy looking annexe but once you are in the building it is great inside. Exceptionally clean all over in both our private room, communal bathroom and kitchen. The staff were very friendly on arrival and throughout and were very keen to help us in any way they can. Another amazing part of our stay was the exceptional breakfast that was included in the price. Amazing Polish Cheeses, Meats, Bread and Salad is provided, aswell as cereal really do set you up for a great day! A must to try is the homemade pancakes with raspberry jam!

A few things that could've improved the stay:

1. The pillows in the rooms are dreadful! Really uncomfortable and made sleeping hard. They are far too soft and also not very big!
2. The terrace area is not very inviting and could do with a tidy up. On arrival we were told to come and have a drink on the terrace and meet people but it is so dirty, dark and overgrown out there that we just didn't bother!
3. As mentioned above. the overgrown area at the back attracted lots of flies and mosquito's and since it was very hot and we slept with our window open, we were bitten to death!
4. Towels are available to hire from the reception for 5zl which is great, however they were smaller than a hand towel! Not ideal!!

Overall, this hostel was great and really good value for money and the location was superb! I would definately stay here again as Krakow is a great city to visit, it was just a few of the things above that stopped it been the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The title says it all: you really cannot beat Mundo if you want a place to stay in Krakow. This was a return visit for me, and it was great to see that the quality hasn't slipped in the three years that passed between visits: remarkably the various breakfasts were all as remembered, and every bit as delicious. Really the only change was the staff, and they were as helpful, friendly, informative, and friendly (oh, and crazy) as one could hope for. As before, the bathrooms were meticulously clean, and the only thing to remind you that you're in a hostel not a hotel is the fact that you're in a dorm (though even that can be skipped by going for a twin room).

The hostel is in a great location: easy walking distance to the train station, the city centre, and Kazimierz, the three locations that tourists are most likely to visit. The area around the hostel is safe, and well lit so one can feel safe returning late at night. Moreover its located close to one of Krakow's more eccentric eateries: Pod Wawelum, a must for any visitor (if only to watch!).

If I had to point out one criticism it would have to be that Mundo suffers from having a few mosquitos around. However (and this is important): most other hostels will also have suffered this fate as the varying mid-June weather seemed to bring them out in abundance. Rather than letting this put you off, just make sure to pack some repellent (It'll do you in good stead for early evening drinks anyway).

I Cannot recommend Mundo highly enough, and thank you to Karolina for creating such a wonderful place, and to all of her staff for making our stay a great one.

Room Tip: If possible ask to be in one of the upstairs rooms as the bathrooms there are a bit more private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We absolutely loved this hostel. We stayed in a double room for 3 nights before traveling to Zakopane and then did two more nights at Mundo's on return in a double ensuite room. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The breakfast was filling, healthy and delicious. The suites and common spaces were clean and well kept. The location was tucked in between the Old Town and cool Kazmierez area. And of course the price was right. I can't think of anything that could have made our stay better. We will stay in this hostel if we ever return back to Krakow and recommend everyone to do so. Thank-you to the wonderful staff for making our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: The Japanese double room with ensuite was a perfect little place to stay as a couple.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mundo Hostel? Share your experiences!