“Excellent value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 248 Hotels in Krakow
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I had a "red" double room in this hotel which was spacious and recently decorated with a large en suite. There was a table and 2 chairs, a kettle, glasses, mugs and saucers and even a bottle opener! The downside is there is no complimentary tea/coffee but I had read a review before setting off about that and we took our own and bought a pint of long life milk from a nearby shop. The odd part was although we had a double bed it has two single duvets on it and the sheets were patched and holey. The ensuite had a bath with shower over but there was no curtain so the room got a little flooded!
I couldnt fault the receptionists though who mostly spoke good English and were very helpful when we asked for more toilet paper (as the room is not cleaned during your stay unless you ask for it to be done), the lend of a hairdryer and booking a day trip. There was one lady though that we enquired about booking a trip and she directed us to the train station! Perhaps not all their English was perfect!
A nice suprise was the addition of the restaurant downstairs which is very nicely decorated and breakfast was served down there. We had read reviews previously about picking up some bread rolls from reception and eating in your room, but this is no longer the case! Breakfast was the usual bread and cheese/ham of the continent with the addition of cold scrabbled egg and frankfurters, or perhaps we always came down a little late?! We also ate cheaply at the restaurant the afternoon we arrived tired from the airport, I recommend the Goulash!
This hotel is located in the Jewish quarter but it was only 10-20 minutes walk to the castle and main square of Krakow so ideally located and there were some good and probably cheaper places to eat locally. I wouldnt hesitate to stay at this hotel on future visits to Krakow but I would think it unsuitable to less mobile people as there were 56 steps to our room on the 2nd floor and there was at least one level above ours!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is clean, looks beautiful from the outside and lobby and the rooms are spacious, clean and relatively newly decorated. It is not a luxury hotel but that was not what we were looking for. It was very well priced and very well positioned. Would reccomend for groups of friends and people on a budget. Nice little outside area to enjoy the Spring sunshine with the nice morning breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Tournet arranged airport transfer for me quickly and efficiently by email. On arrival the receptionist was extremely polite and helpful. I was shown to my newly decorated room with a fantastic en suite and in the morning the breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. On departure they happily stored my luggage for the whole day free of charge. The location in the heart of the Jewish quarter is ideal and the Tournet is such amazing value for money. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We booked into this hotel paying £74 (370zl) for four nights stay. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who ran (literally) our cases up to our room.

The staff were consistently friendly and helpful, even serving us drinks after hours (as long as we didnt mind them being in their scruffs). They arranged for a transfer for us to take us to the airport upon checking out, keeping our cases under the stairs whilst we made the most of the remainder of the morning.

Rooms are clean and of a high standard although the shower head would only point towards the wall due to the loose fitting, but this wasn't difficult to live with as it could be removed from the holder. The beds are not the best, but as we only paid £74 we weren't too bothered.

The hotel is situated in the district of Kazimierz, which is full of bars and restaurants, about five minutes walk away from Plac Nowy, a popular drinking area. The hotel is about a ten minute walk away from Wawel castle and about 20-30 minutes from the square in the centre of Krakow. Public transport links are good, although we didn't use them because everything you could need was in walking distance.

If you're looking for value for money then this is a good hotel to choose. The rooms are cheap and of a reasonably high standard and the staff cannot do more to help you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We booked into the Tournet having read other favourable reviews and were not disappointed.
The hotel arranged our airport transfer following a very quick reply to my e-mail query.
Upon arrival we were shown to our room by the very friendly Roman. The room was lovely and warm,very clean with a comfortable double bed and a well furbished ensuite shower with plenty of hot water.
A previous reviewer had said that breakfast was provided in a bag but this has changed to a continental breakfast served in the dining room. This buffet breakfast was fresh and plentiful
with a good choice available.
Roman was very helpful and able to supply extra pillows and check the transport web site for info for us (12zl for a 24 hr ticket).
The room was supplied with tv and a kettle with cutlery, crockery a bottle opener and the means to wash and dry them. I would advise anyone booking here to save the bother of taking tea/coffee as there is a shop a few yards away where these can all be obtained very reasonably.
We chose to eat in the hotel dining room twice during our stay and were impressed by the cheerfulness,and knowledge of the staff.The choice was good and the food of a good quality.
This was excellent value for money,a lovely warm room comfy bed and shower what more do you want? I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
florence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I had a good experience. I know that I am an hard to please guest: I have always some request, I have all the time cold, I need many things, also the useless ones...
They helped me in all way, they really take care me and I felt at home (and the quarter is a jewel).
So, I usally don't leave any review but in this case I have to.
Go there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This lovely hotel is located in the old jewish quater "Kazimierz", only 15 minutes walkig distance from the center of Krakow , there is also a tram-station near to the hotel. The price was only 110 zloty for a room with 3 beds. The rooms are very clean and full furnitured, and every room has a bathroom. The staff is very friendly and helpfull , the breakfast was rich and fresh.It`s a budget hotel , but I felt like in a star hotel.Should I visite Krakow again, I would stay there!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo