“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Oswiecim
More attraction details
Owner description: Chevra Lomdei Mishnayot: the only synagogue to survive the Holocaust in the vicinity of Auschwitz. Today part of the Auschwitz Jewish Center.
Evian
23 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

The whole of the Jewish area in Cracow is extremely interesting and should be visited, including the old Synagogue with it's ancient cemetary, as well as the new cemetary and the old Getto [no part of which really remains]. Recommended

Visited April 2015

• Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Horrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015 via mobile

When I was younget I watched the documentaries and movies, I never thought I would visit this place,.My husband's family are Germans some have been in this camp. Everyone should spend some time walking around the camp, going inside the dorms and seeing the rows and rows of faces of people who were tortured and died. Standing inside the chambersvwas surreal.We should never never forget.A frightening sad sad place but something I'm glad I did

Visited June 2014
Moscow, Russia
14 attraction reviews
“Interesting Peice of History”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

I visited this museum prior to visiting Auschwitz during a business trip to Krakow. Not very expensive, but not a whole lot to look at. Still, a nice synagogue and museum to visit, especially if you are Jewish.

Visited January 2015
St. John's, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

A true account of the horrors people went through during the Second World War. The tour is presented in a very tasteful way honoring those that died.

Visited October 2014
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Life is Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The deep, quiet energy of the place is palpable. People walk through with reverence, and you can feel the loss, the suffering, the surreal experience. We had a wonderful and informative tour guide. When the tour was over, and I walked over to the "Exit" sign... pulled open that gate, and just walked out - just walked out! I was reminded of my freedom, of the joy that is in my life. I pray I think of this moment, this day, when I question the quality of my life, or my value in it, or whatever it is I am suffering through. We are blessed.

Visited July 2014