“Very nice hotel...but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Kolobrzeg
Swindon UK
“Very nice hotel...but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I arrived at the Marine having driven from near Bremen. It is possible that a shack made of pallets might have seemed welcoming after that journey but, none the less, I found the hotel impressive and the staff welcoming. There was one who did not speak English but she passed me to someone who did quickly.
The hotel offers a pool and spa. I do not partake of these things but I overheard positive reports from two 'buisnessmen', neither of whom were english but obviously had the common language.
Dinner was a choice of a la carte or buffet. This night it was Swedish, so I declined.
the a la carte menu was limited but the food was impressive, along with the service. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and savoured every mouthful.
The internet worked well in my room, and I had no issues whatsoever with it.
My room was an odd shape, and might not be to everyones taste, but I did have a balcony with a view of the Baltic.
A note of caution. On the east side of the hotel is a plot of land.I dont doubt it will be built on soon, and any building works or subsequent erection there will affect you.
The 'but' in my title comes from its location, seemingly in one of Kolobrzeg's more downbeat areas. This docked a star, despite the quality of the hotel.
it may well be they know something i dont, and that the area is going to be widely developed and improved, much like everywhere else in Poland I add! None the less, it stands out in dour surroundings as things are in Oct 2012.
I used it purely as a base to visit some places in Kolobrzeg, beforer moving on to the east. For that it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Szczecin, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

You can tell it's not a brand hotel , the service is of the front desk is more like a 2 star hotel, no idea about hotel managment at all. We have arriveed to the hotel and I have asked if there is wi-fi , the front desk said yes and I got the code. The code works but wi-fi network no , so no internet in rooms. The bed and no rops or towels in the room, I have aksed the housekeeping and they have informed me that the laudry service did not come yet, so we should have it like in few hours. I told her that the bed is not set up, so she looked and said yes it is. The houskeeping ladys have no uniforms just in the blue jeans and sweeters it looks bad. When we decided to go for dinner , the waiter told us not to order from the menu card because we will wait for an hour or longer so i suggested the buffet which was 90.00 PLN per person and it was bad , the food very dry , so I was very not happy . The SPA area with sauna was very nice we liked it a lot. The location also next to the water so nice. The best are the rooms , very nice design and real 5 star look. If you get a very good rate per night go for it but if you need to pay a lot, go to another hotel. Also just for your info it is a apart-hotel not a hotel.
PS. Night club is bad, we when for 30 minutes and when we were going out my fiance asked for a baloon but when she was going out the stupid bodyguard made a problem that it is not possible to go out with a baloon , so service is bad

Room Tip: go for the new part of the apart hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hotels is few meters from the seaside, has interesting design and is very comfortable. Staff is very professional and nice. There is swimming pool, sauna & outside Jacuzzi. SPA is also very pro & let's you relax yourself even more :) You get 5star quality at good price specially during winter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

This hotel has nice rooms and great location. Nevertheless during my 5 days stay it was not possible to sleep due to incredible bird chaser noise 24/7. Due to this irritating noise my stay there was a nightmare. The hotel stuff ignored my request to turn off the bird noise at least for the night time.

If you are looking for the relaxing place than better book another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family