“Really aromatic food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Gdansk, Poland
“Really aromatic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm not a food expert, I cant say if it's original Maghreb food, but it was good food! For a starter we ordered hummus with pitta bread; alongside we got an extra starter - pesto from parsley leaves (delicious and original variation of pesto - like paste). My husband ordered beef cheeks tajine and I had a grilled dorade in cilantro marinade. Both were excellent, well balanced in taste, the meat was melting and tender and the fish was really aromatic. The weakest point was the dessert - we took creme brulee. The taste and structure was o.k. but it's supposed to has three flavours, but they were not very significant - especially the rose one.
All in all, it was very nice experience. Prices, as for the Tricity, are average (at least 25 PLN for the main course), nice decorations, friendly service (don't know if it's quick because there were not many people at that time). Nice place. They also organize culinary workshops and have a mini - spice shop at the spot

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Hamburg, Germany
“Arabic Flavor in Gdynia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

You get authentic Moroccan dishes on the table, beautifully credence and so tasteful you thing you are in Morocco. We ordered a few starters hot and cold and got a great entry into the Arabic taste and flavor to come for the main dishes. Couscous with Chicken, a Lamb stew with sweet potatoes and a duck dish with plum sauce. Very friendly service, nice restaurants fitting in a lounge stile with traditional North African feeling. Something unique in Gdynia and I hope the locals will try and get convinced about top cooking African style !

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gdansk
“one of my best meal experiences...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

So, it seems that I will be the first TripAdvisor critic of the atmoshere of Malika... ;-) I liked it much. I was there with my family, and we were really impressed. Each dish we have ordered was great, tasty, fragrant, real - yummy. I strongly recommend this restaurant. For sure next visit will be very soon... It's my first polish restaurant's review, but it is worth of...

• Visited June 2013