“I'll definitely go back again!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #133 of 271 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional Polish pies or "pierogi".
Brussels, Belgium
“I'll definitely go back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I ordered the kielbasa as a starter and cheese/potato pierogies as the main dish. Both were terrific, especially the kielbasa. It came with sauteed onions, mustard and bread, all of which were fresh and well prepared. The only thing I'd point out to vegetarians - if you order a pierogi without meat in the stuffing, they still sprinkle bits of sausage on top, so be sure to let your waiter know if you don't eat meat.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Herts. UK
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The pierogi here are nearly as good as homemade. Nice restaurant, great food and good service.

Pierogi and Kozlak beer - probably the best dinner in the world!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We recently dined at this restaurant as it was recommended in The Lonely Planet guidebook - and we were looking forward to the Periogi. Firstly, we were told we could sit anywhere and then after 20 inutes or so when no-one bothered to attend to us I went to the front counter to place our order. The restaurant was not busy and it was early in the evening - we waited about 40 minutes and still no food - I waved down a waitress and enquired how much longer we had to wait - within a minute our food was brought to the table and it was not piping hot as we had experienced with all our other meals in Poland. The table adjacent to us had appeared to have received adequate service - perhaps because they were on their third bootle of wine!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Food OK, service BAD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Well the food is ok I liked the salmon tatar, it was really good. The polish dumplings - pierogi, for which this place should be known are just ok. They have a good choice with some traditional ones with meat, white cheese or cabbage and mushrooms. Te interior of the restaurant is nice enough with a nice balcony and a view on the street. Location very good, just in the heart of the old town.

Like I wrote food ok, location good but what just shut me down was the service We got the food on time but when it came to paying it was very disappointing. I generally tip in restaurants, when the service is extraordinary I tip even more. In this case we paid the lady, she took the money and never returned with a change !!!! The waitress, I imagine, thought that she did not need to return with a change and kept it as a tip. Never this happened to me anywhere. The change wasnt big enough to chase her but it wasn't small enough to leave everything. I understand if she was a great waitress but she wasn't special at all. Not even a good bye when we were leaving ! AVOID and pay exactly the amount, plus tip the amount if you decide !

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Finland
“Pierogis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

are something so great, that everyone should taste them in Poland. And specially taste them in this restaurant, pierogis were excellent in this place. I warmly recommendate!

Visited August 2011