“Andor says: good food and presentation” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 254 Restaurants in Gdansk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Houston
“Andor says: good food and presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The first great aspect of this restaurant, is that is basically right besides the Hilton hotel. They took me with no reservations. The place is very nautical, charming with a main fire place display. I was looking forward to a great dinning and service experience but it all fell short. Nothing really to complain, just average food with great presentation and just fair service. Maybe I was what the waiter wanted in his zone :(
Anyhow, the place had several large groups coming while I was there (a mix of Polish and foreigners) so maybe the place is better and I just had an average experience. If I ever return, though, I will select other places.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good choice of seafood and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

this restaurant is located at the riverbank and is reasonable choice for people staying at either Hilton, which is ~100 steps away or Radisson Blu.
We visited it Monday for dinner and most of the tables were reserved so booking is highly recommended.

Restaurant offers reasonable choice of fish and seafood, including local dishes (not by fish origin but by cooking method I assume as they have e.g. Zander clearly available in other countries).

Despite place being quite busy service was expedient and attentive, but not overbearing.

I ordered lobster soup and free squids stuffed with vegetables. Portion of squids was quite small so if you are hungry, check with the waiters if side dish needs to be ordered. In my case it was quite alright after the soup. Both dishes were quite good with squids especially tender and not at all rubbery.

All in all I would visit them again and can recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warsaw
“Good fish offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you think that it's easy to eat a good fish meal at the coast in the Gdansk area you may be somewhat disappointed. However, "Fischmarkt/Targ rybny" offer was a real sunshine in this cuisine landscape.

We have ordered the following dishes:

- Excellent fish soups: Bouillabaise & Lobster-cream soup. Heavy and rich taste nicely warmed up our appetite.

- Main course: "Fried cod fillet served with mashed potatoes, cabbage and bacon" & "Cod fillets baked with vegetables and mozzarella cheese, served with spinach noodles" were quite weird settings, however, fresh fish and overall good flavor compensated an oddness.

- Desserts were so-so: "Hot chocolate cake with orange ice-cream" was too floury while "Apfel strudel with the ice creams" was quite ok.

Surprisingly, their wines are quite expensive - 50PLN/12EUR for 50ml caraffe of white house wine sounds like a rip off to me.

We really like a decor and overall atmosphere inside.

Anyway, truly recommend this restaurant - will return for sure!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

If you like fish and seafood that is the place to be. And make a reservation to not get disappointed. I had the best lobster soup in my life. At the last spoon I was already missing it. My husband had bouillabaise - it wast rich and delicious. As main I had Halibut steak - it was something amazing. I am getting hungry thinking about it. My husband had cod with cabbage. Was good too.

Restaurant is very popular, quite expensive, vibrant and nicely decorated. It is very clean and well design.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great seafood restaurant in Gdansk old town harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nice restaurant in the old town harbor. We went there one evening and ordered bouillabaisse - it was so good we had to come back! I definitely recommend the bouillabaisse, it's a bit messy to eat but so good.
Service was okay, maybe a bit slow towards the end but we had time so it didn't really matter too much.

• Visited August 2013