“We enjoyed a lot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Gdansk
Aura, Western Finland, Finland
“We enjoyed a lot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spend 4 nights in Hilton and it was all worth it. Staff were great and so kind to us. Mercato -restaurant was an experience on itself and our superb waitress make the night to forget with his humor and recommends. If i have to say something negative to be fare, the swimming pool was quite small. But there were still room when we went to swim. We'll go back next summer in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited hotel a couple of weeks ago booked two twin rooms, I am a gold Hilton hhonors member but did not get an upgrade which I was disappointed with we had a view to the side of the hotel. We could of been of upgraded after the first night as they had availability but this was never arranged. Breakfast was good and we booked a beauty treatment which was expensive but really nice. The pool is small and only has six beds but it was nice. We had late check out which was useful overall great hotel but you could try and upgrade gold member member better. Visited Fellini which was excellent food and Goldwasser was also great both close enough to walk to we also visited sopot for the day only cost about 15 for taxi the beach and pier is nice. Really enjoyed our girlie break cold but had lovely blue skies. All would of been excellent if we had the upgrade.

Room Tip: On check the person next to asked for a free upgrade the reception staff said no but could upgrade f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

we arrived late last week to the check in desk. lobby was small, and nothing to be amazed about. this could be the norm in poland. stood in front of check in official for a good 30 secs before the official acknowledged us. he asked us for our passports and tried to log into his computer but wouldnt work. tried 2 more computers and systems were down. never once apologised for this. Got 2 more staff members to try it, still wouldnt work. The lady official was now looking after us. You could see she was panicking etc. She tried to ask me details of my booking etc, and was going to do it manually somehow. I offered to give her some time and to go for a drink in the bar, which she accepted. After 20 mins there, I decided to check with her at the desk to see if they were working again, which they were. She never once came to me in the bar and said it was back up working. I could have stayed at the bar and would never have known the computers were fixed. Again no apologies for the check in problems.
I went to my room on the second floor. I was pretty disappointed as I ordered a patio view room. I thought this would have given us a patio, but instead it gives you a window looking out at the nearby alleyway.
I went down to reception to seek a better view at least as I had booked a patio view room, but was told that I had booked the cheaper room, and patio room view are the room with the poor views. He said I could upgrade to a deluxe at a cost of e30 per night. This is just a note for people, if booking a patio view room, please note this is a standard room with a view of an alleyway. He said to check back tommorrow with reception to see if there was any better rooms available, which i didnt do as the hotel should have come to us. I wasnt going to sound like I was pestering them.
Anyway aside from that, the rooms were extremley clean and spacious. the pillows were difficult to get used to. The cleaning of the rooms was top class.
The pool area is small but so clean and relaxing. excellent facility.Hotel location is brilliant right along the river and near to all the main streets etc.
The hotel did facilitate us with a late check out and minded our luggage at no extra charge. I would recommend this hotel, apart from our reception experience on arrival. Good price. Small hotel, but good value

Room Tip: patio view rooms are standard rooms with no views. you do not get a patio or a view
Grzegorz G, Manager at Hilton Gdansk, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced whilst staying in our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with check in at the front desk. We took the necessary steps to avoid it in future. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the size of the room, cleanliness and the pool area.

I appreciate your comments which help us to maintain good standard and look forward to see you in the future.

Grzegorz Główczewski
Front Of House Manager
Hilton Gdańsk
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Really we booked this because of the high ranking of this hotel. I must say it was a little disappointing as the service was so bad the first day. The guy who checked us in wery rude and not welcoming. He charged us extra for breakfeast though Im sure I paid for two. We also got a bad room wich you could not open any window. Bad air inside. We asked to get upgraded but that was so expensive. (They, or he could have done that for free) However we paid the fee, cause we can not sleep in a room without air. The man in the reseption was nor Hilton-service minded!!! The next day the TV did not work, and a nice lady reseptionist changed room for us straight away. We even got a bigger room in the corner with nice wieu. Breakfeast was good. It is many nice hotels in Gdansk, so don't pick this just because of the rating. Almost every hotel is more central than this and to a very much lower price. Though this is ofcourse central, but not in the middle of everything..It's about 5-10 min walk...

• Stayed March 2013
Grzegorz G, Manager at Hilton Gdansk, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I am very sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

We have already looked into the points you mentioned in your review (disappointing service, tv not working ). We took the necessary steps to avoid such situations inthe future. Additionally, I have taken your comments to our Front Desk Team to ensure guests expectations are excedeed.

Again my apologies and I look forward to see you again, so we can show you that we can do better.

Grzegorz Główczewski
Fronf Of House Manager
Hilton Gdańsk
siddy_bolly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel! Fab location, service and price for a Hilton.

This was my second visit to Gdansk. This time was for my very good friends' wedding, making it my first Polish wedding experience on Polish soil. How exciting! Equally, I've been forewarned of the famed 12-hour Polish wedding drinking and dancing merriment. How nerve-wrecking!

So I've decided to "splurge" and stay at the Hilton, which is a few doors away from the wedding venue. If all else fails, I can slip away quietly and roll back to bed before I make a fool of myself at a Polish wedding, so I thought.

I booked for a standard room to be shared with two other wedding guests. The housekeeping service was very good and quick. As I was the last person to check-in to the room, I had the "honour" of the fold-out bed. However, the front desk forgot to set it up. I've just arrived on one of those dreaded Easyjet 6am flights from Luton airport, so I was a bit worse for wear. I had 2 hours to have a disco nap and put on a face for the wedding dinner. So I needed that fold-out bed like pronto. Front desk handled my request well given my grumpy and disgruntled state. Housekeeping came to my rescue sooner than later, set up the fold-out bed, which was surprisingly more comfortable than I ever thought it would be. Peace was restored :)

All in all, I was very pleased I decided to stay at Hilton Gdansk. It was centrally located in the Old Town, right by the river, the service was good and our stay was all the more memorable by the wedding occasion. And oh, not only did I survive my first Polish wedding, I thoroughly enjoyed the dancing, the continuous servings of food and endless lashings of Polish vodka shots with elderly relatives!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for her 30th birthday. The hotel is in an excellent location by the river and a short walk to the centre of Gdansk.
The service in the hotel was excellent, before our stay I ordered cake & champagne as a surprise for my wife, this was really well organised by the staff and delivered to our room as requested. The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was very comfortable and well cleaned daily.
I would certainly recommend the Hilton Gdansk and will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2012
Haugesund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is by many standards an excellent hotel, and we spent three nights here during low season. The hotel in itself is next to the old town of Gdansk, and is ideally located for sightseeing and getting around the city. We found the hotel very clean and with pretty decor both in the rooms, hallways, reception area and restaurant.

The rooms were clean, big and the bathroom excellent. The bed was very comfortable, maybe a little bit on the hard side. Excellent pillows and covers.

The only thing holding me back from giving it a full score is that they allow for smoking, and that smoke-free rooms are on the same floor as the smokers rooms. We found this annoying and irritating as we ordered a smoke-free room to get away from the smell of smoke. When walking in the hallways from our room to the elevator, the place reeked of smoke. No smell in our room, fortunately.

We didn't have the chance to try out the gym, the spa or the pool. The pool was empty for maintenance for our first two days, and in the process of being cleaned and warmed up the third day.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant on the day we were leaving. Breakfast is excellent with many choices, although pricy compared to the area. If you are up early, there are not many choices in the city elsewhere, so I would recommend eating at the hotel.

Room Tip: If you plan on staying in the room for some time, ask for a Hilton Deluxe guestroom with a view over...