“terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Ostrava
Bucharest
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

I was in Ostrava Cz Republic for a business trip May 07. I could hardly find a room during that period. Anyway, when I arrived I had to wait 1 hour because my room wasn't ready. At check-in I was requested to pay - quite unusual, at least for me.
After check in, another surprise: hotel doesn't have an elevator. So I had to climb 3 floors with some luggage. In the room, no AC, no refrigerator and it was extremely hot. I couldn't reach the window to open it (it was close to the ceiling)
I asked at the reception if
they have internet connection. "Of course", they said. So I got the key of the Internet room. The computer they have there it is a very old one; with Windows98 installed, you can imagine the speed. All menus and keyboard were in Czech. It was alomost impossible to do smth, because I was kicked out every n5mins from almost any website. No yahoo mess installed.
The food was OK and the people as well. But I have no clue how did they get this hotel classified with 3 stars. So, DON"T GO THERE!!!
Anca Stefanescu

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — NO ELEVATOR, NO A/C, NO REFIGERATOR, NO WEB CONNECTION, NO WAY TO OPEN THE WINDOW
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples

Been to Hotel City Ostrava? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel City Ostrava

Address: Macharova 16, Ostrava 1, Czech Republic
Location: Czech Republic > Moravia > Moravian-Silesian Region > Ostrava
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Ostrava
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel City Ostrava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel City Ostrava, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.