“good hotel, for business purposes” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tyrsova 6, Ostrava 702 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Ostrava
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
“good hotel, for business purposes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place has discovered that people want service and a friendly approach when they check-in and check-out. The rooms are good and spacious, not the most modern furniture.
Depending on the room number, the distance from reception to the room can be several 100 meters.
The restaurant Legend, has good quality level, and good opening hrs till 24:00..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ImperialOstrava, General Manager at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Jeras,
thank you for sharing with us your positive experience with the performance of the Hotel Imperial. It is always nice to read, that we are successful in our effort to provide maximum guest orientated services. I am looking forward to your next visit.
Michael Seifert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel with my friend when we came for one night to party at Stodolni. The location from train station and Stodolni is very good. The hotel room was ok, bathroom big enough, sleep quality good. Th staff was not so friendly as I expected. The only problem was when we could not get our rate for twin room when we switched from our double room. In general I had the impression that they know that they are best in town and this makes them too comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ImperialOstrava, General Manager at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Cermak,
Thank you for the time you spend to give us your experience with stay at Mamaison Hotel Imperial. Please accept my apology for misunderstanding with the room swamp. In Comfort category we offer only double beds, the twins are available in Business category which is in higher price level. I feel sorry this situation was not explained clearly by the receptionist.
Looking forward to your next visit
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent central location and reasonable pricing.

Very good wifi.

I found it very strange that I got a smoking room and was explained that a non-smoking room must be specifically asked for. The view from some room is not very inspiring.

No fitness.

Breakfast and restaurant offer nice service and reasonable quality. (Although some places next to the large windows are pretty cold in winter.)

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Mamaison Hotel Imperial for your stay and for sharing with us your experience with our services. We provide smoking as well as non-smoking rooms, both are offered upon request. If you do not specify your preferences we assign the rooms upon availability. Please next time specify your wishes and we will do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I started to frequent the Imperial Ostrava in 2009 for business and from the beginning I met nice staff with good service for everything. I spent several months in the fantastic rooms and for this reason I felt this hotel almost like an house. For job and for holidays I frequented lots hotels of same level in the world but sure I remember the Imperial as one of the best. And when I come back to Ostrava I don't have doughts to reserve directly this hotel... The location is perfect in the city for business and for shopping... I guess the SPA needs to have more space to be in line with the hotel's standards. I also put in evidence the restaurants with the prestigious italian and french wines.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ImperialOstrava, General Manager at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments concerning your visits at Hotel Imperial. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied with your stays in our hotel, as we do our best to make sure every Guest's visit is as unforgettable as possible. I have communicated to all the team your satisfaction for their professionalism and friendliness.
I am looking forward to seeing you again at Mamaison Hotel Imperial Ostrava.
westsx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed by room size and horrible view. Very expensive for a room of this type. Asked for room with bath instead of a shower and they wanted another 20euros a night.

I wouldn't go back. The breakfast was vey good though.

• Stayed March 2013
ImperialOstrava, General Manager at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for the time you spend to give us your experience with stay at Mamaison Hotel Imperial. To satisfied each guests, we offer several types of rooms in different price level. Rooms vary in size but not in provided services and face well maintained courtyard or the city of Ostrava. Every room is described in detail in each reservation system and on the hotel web. I am sorry that the room you chose did not meet your expectation but I am pleased that offered breakfast made your day.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful during the whole stay. Room was ok, nice and clean, well equiped. Perfect hotel lobby with grand piano. Rich breakfast at the hotel restaurant and again - perfect staff there. I would go for this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you for your nice words of appreciation. It is always nice to read so positive feedback as yours.
Looking forward to welcome you back.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was told this is the best hotel in Ostrava, and I stayed here for five days.

SERVICE:
My first impression upon check-in was that I was not welcome there. You're just not going to get service with a smile at this hotel. (In all fairness though, I came to learn that you won't get a service with a smile anywhere in the Czech Republic.) The many times I approached the front desk, I noticed the staff won't say hello or "may I help you", they will just stare at you, emotionless, until you speak first. I asked if they had a concierge and two staff members looked at each other and snickered.
The bellhops were friendly and helpful.

DECOR:
Nothing fancy, folks. Think Ramada Inn circa 90s.

ROOM:
I got a double bed, and discovered it was two single beds pushed together, with two single-sized blankets. I wanted to upgrade to a better room, but in pictures it seemed even the suites had this bedding arrangement. The bed was awful: saggy and worn. Like sleeping in hammock but without the charm. I had awful neck pains by the end of my stay.
The bathroom is large, but the shower is tiny. I have no idea why. I am a small person, but I found it extremely difficult to use the coffin-sized shower without bumping into the knob and the wall. I cannot imagine how a big person would use this shower.
I plugged in an iron and the electricity went out in the room. I was able to find the fusebox and fix the problem without help, but it did leave me slightly concerned about the safety of the hotel's electrical set-up.

FOOD:
Breakfast is good. There is a great selection of hot and cold food, soup, breads and pastries. The orange juice is pretty bad, as one might expect at a buffet.

FACILITIES:
There is a sauna and pool in the hotel, which I did not use. I was hoping to use a fitness center, but they don't have one.
The hotel restaurant "Le Grand" has good food and good service, but the decor/ambiance need improvement.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ImperialOstrava, General Manager at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for the time you spend to give us very detail review of your stay at Mamaison Hotel Imperial. I highly appreciate that you share with us also negative experience which can help me to focus on the mentioned items.
Hotel Imperial serves its guests almost 110 years and we are aware of some technical disadvantages caused by its age. But for me is not excusable if you had the bad vibe about the hotel reception. Politeness and willingness of our staff is our utmost priority and that is highly appreciated by our guests. I am really sorry for the experience you had and I am sure you will have different feeling during your next visit.

I wish you all the best in 2013
Michael Seifert

Been to Imperial Hotel Ostrava? Share your experiences!